Had to Use My Gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:sunbath:

lol prolly so.. but i wouldnt want him to pull a hip check. give him a breski and do it! lol, just pokin fun. no harm intended

No offense taken.

One thing that surprised me was when I went into town to see if I had to report it, the health department said that I didn't need to. If I wanted to have the animal tested, I could take it into a veterinarian in Pond Creek, I think she said, but I would have to pay for it. No thanks. The way it was acting, I was pretty darned sure it had rabies, and Raymond said that he was sure it was rabid as well.
One man on the Kansas forums told me that I should do this, that, and the other, as that was how they did it in Kansas, etc., but, like I say, my county health department was not interested, and by that time Raymond had already burned the carcass.

Last edited:

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot a skunk last spring. It was out mid day and acting a little to bold- rabies is common in skunks.

My nearest gun and loose ammo, was 30-30.... 30 WCF is 'skunk medicine'.... and 20 yards is TOO close if one charges. So I gave him 2.... and was really lucky I did not break him open

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I did it. I took Ol' Skunk Killer (my Model 65) out to the range today and shot off a little less than 100 rounds of my 38 hand loads. I did fairly well, killing the bad guy many times over, as well as one fly that had the misfortune to land on the target..
I did some backwards and lateral movement at the same time that I was shooting. That is not really too difficult as the folks in IDPA can attest.
As it was fairly close range, I did not use the sights(except for the fly). As soon as I get that railroad tie sawed in two, I'll take two more target stands out and set me up a Waffle House type of scenario.

kellyreno

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
not that skunks don't "need shootin" from time to time, but it seems to me they always act weird. They are just weird little animals. As for being out during the day, skunks are actually crepuscular instead of nocturnal. They prefer darkness but will come out during the day, especially early and late (like deer).

Comte DeLoach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You missed a skunk 7 out of 8 times at 15 feet ( or yards) and you come back with "whatever"? Really, are you that dense? "I was nervous, it never shot a mammel before"....Dude, you need basic marksmanship, nothing else at this point. You sucked. Period. Go learn how to shoot before you hurt someone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom