Had to Use My Gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not really a good excuse but understandable.. When you are in this situation it's very easy to fire off quick shots without using proper sight and trigger technique. This is why practice is so important, it helps teach and keeps you from just blasting wildly at whatever you are trying to kill. Easy to do.. I spotted a coyote couple years ago, ran in grabbed my Winchester bolt 22 as it was loaded with stingers and handy. Ran out and completely missed the only shot I would get, touched the trigger off before I really had him in the sights.. Practice... Practice... Practice

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
You missed a skunk 7 out of 8 times at 15 feet ( or yards) and you come back with "whatever"? Really, are you that dense? "I was nervous, it never shot a mammel before"....Dude, you need basic marksmanship, nothing else at this point. You sucked. Period. Go learn how to shoot before you hurt someone.

So, deuchebag... how many moving critters have you shot and hit the first time at any range?

I missed a snake at 6ft, and a possum at 15. I'm a pretty good shot too with a pistol. Shooting a small moving target is way different than bullseye shooting.

Comte DeLoach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, deuchebag... how many moving critters have you shot and hit the first time at any range?

I missed a snake at 6ft, and a possum at 15. I'm a pretty good shot too with a pistol. Shooting a small moving target is way different than bullseye shooting.

Rabid dog, full run, 25 yards away one shot with unfamilar .22 rifle, with witnesses.

That ought to get you going.

No, its not, he needs to learn the basics, then he can go on to moving targets. He had "buck fever" and was flinching. Time to go back to the basics, not continue to train with bad routines. BTW, same advise to you, go do bullseye and learn to shoot, no way you should have missed a possium at 15 feet.

Oh, and watch who you call ********* . Or at least learn how to spell it.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just shot a skunk in my front yard in the middle of the day. Let me walk right up to it. I put 4 rounds of .22 mag in it. The last 3 were overkill, but it kept walking and I didn't want it charging me or running into the neighbor's yard. And I wasn't sure where exactly I had hit it, that gun is sighted high. Turns out all 4 hits were good. Smells a bit.

I don't care enough to wonder what his malfunction was. To any skunks reading this, if I see you at night and you waddle away from my flashlight, you'll live to see another day. If I drive past you on the driveway in the middle of the day, walk in the house to get a gun, walk back out and you let me walk right up to you...I will shoot you. Multiple times, apparently.

On that note, here is some advice: Advise is a verb; advice is a noun. And unfamiliar. And possum.

...unfamilar...same advise to you... possium...

:hbd:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Rabid dog, full run, 25 yards away one shot with unfamilar .22 rifle, with witnesses.

That ought to get you going.

No, its not, he needs to learn the basics, then he can go on to moving targets. He had "buck fever" and was flinching. Time to go back to the basics, not continue to train with bad routines. BTW, same advise to you, go do bullseye and learn to shoot, no way you should have missed a possium at 15 feet.

Good on you for shooting a moving target with a rifle. I done that too. And I hit him 10 times before he stopped. A pistol is significantly harder to do that with. And a dog is a significantly larger target.

He already admitted he needed practice. So to meet the apparent 1 jackhole per thread requirement, you come along.

I still maintain that there is a lot more to hitting a small moving target than shooting paper.

I know how to shoot. Still learning how to be better. But great job at belittling people, and scaring them away from whatever sport you happen to be involved in.

Oh, and lol at Ridgehunter.

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't beat yourself up too much for missin pepe, I had to take one out this winter with my remington 597 w/scope, he had sprayed one of my dogs really bad and was tryin to spray 2 more when I went out there. Out of a 10 round mag I used 9 at about 100 feet, the only really bad shot was the first which went about 6in high, shots 2-5 hit the skunk or it's hair #5 of course knocked him down, shots 6-9 finished him off when he got back up. One thing I learned from all that is that there's not much critter inside all that hair.

Latest posts

Top Bottom