Harry's Razors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was a young pup, after my Grandpa had passed, I found his old safety razor. I guess I didn't know what it was at the time, or I did not appreciate exactly what it was and its' value, but I threw it away.

I regret that decision now.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a pretty good primer on wet shaving. The guy might go a bit far, but he does do descent job of explaining several aspects.

Last edited by a moderator:

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i finally gave up shaving in 2010. i tried every product, every technique, and my face simply isn't compatible with razors. i grew a beard, but i did't really care for that either. so now i trim my face once or twice a week with a Wahl clipper/trimmer, and wouldn't have it any other way.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, that sucks.

When I do shave my neck (haven't shaved my face in about a decade) I use a Schick Krona safety razor that was my great-grandfather's with Merkur blades.

I really need to learn how to properly hone and strop a straight razor so I can use the one I got when my grandfather passed.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's the difference between harrys and dollar shave club?

From what I understand, Dollar Shave Club only lets you use a plan. I don't shave on a predictable basis so I don't want to get the same shipment of razors every month. Harry's offers a plan but also lets you buy on an "as needed" basis. Harry's is made in Germany while Dollar Shave Club is made in China if I remember correctly. Other than that? Design and aesthetics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried them. For some reason I always seemed to slice off a chunk of my head when I used them ( I only shave my head). I ended up going back to dollar shave club with the executive razors which is their $9 option.

http://shaved.by/cSiVI

Also you can select monthly or every other month if you don't shave much.

Mr. Bsa

Marksman
Reaction score
I did the math. I'll use around 32 razors a year. Buying the Mach 3 at Walmart will cost me around $75/yr after tax. Harrys will cost me $64. $11? Really? That's it? Why bother?

Latest posts

Top Bottom