Has any otherwise lawful Oklahoman ever been convicted of open carry since the SDA?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the friendliest, most helpful gun forum on the internet!

Oh wait, I was thinking of somewhere else :laugh6:

That's just it, people have tried to help him in the other thread. He didn't get the answer he wanted, so he's trying again. Nothing we can tell him on here will make any difference. Short of an OK Supreme Court ruling or testing the law himself, nothing really will. :(

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My bad, I missed that.

Still, it seems some of the grouchiest people in Oklahoma frequent this board.

Cant we just all get along? :)

I guess I'm just annoyed right now. I do spend a tremendous amount of time learning about things like various firearms platforms, laws associated with firearms and even general topics that come up frequently. I do this so that I don't mislead people, I like to be known as knowledgeable and I don't like looking like an idiot. Today alone, I've had four different people ask questions (here, another forum and in the office) to which I've had knowledgeable answers. To a person, every one of them dismissed what I had to say and continued down another path. I really don't care whether you go down that path or mine, but why did you waste my time in asking when you weren't going to listen to what I had to say in the first place? Arrgh! :(

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK flybeech, you've convinced me... I certainly believe that self defense is a legitimate purpose for carrying a gun. Of course our real job will be in convincing the judges in the District Court and in the Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals, who will ultimately hear any case prosecuted under a violation of 1289.6. I think I could make a pretty compelling argument to that effect, and I am willing to take the case for free... now we just need to find a sucker with a clean criminal record who looks good on a witness stand to go get arrested and prosecuted for open carry! Anybody feeling lucky? It might be really hard to get you arrested if we don't get it done before this November, when the new Open Carry law goes into effect, so time is of the essence!

waltham41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I honestly feel your pain.... I run a small forum and some of the questions and comments either have me blowing hot coffee out of my nose, or have me momentarily wanting to go running off of a cliff pulling my hair out.

But I always count to 10 before I post and I am always civil. Lead by example don't you know ;)

Do want to thank you for being on top of subjects and being willing to answer questions.

You may not realize it, but while that one guy is pissing you off, there are others like me that read people like your answers and go "Oh, cool thats how that works ;)

I guess I'm just annoyed right now. I do spend a tremendous amount of time learning about things like various firearms platforms, laws associated with firearms and even general topics that come up frequently. I do this so that I don't mislead people, I like to be known as knowledgeable and I don't like looking like an idiot. Today alone, I've had four different people ask questions (here, another forum and in the office) to which I've had knowledgeable answers. To a person, every one of them dismissed what I had to say and continued down another path. I really don't care whether you go down that path or mine, but why did you waste my time in asking when you weren't going to listen to what I had to say in the first place? Arrgh! :(

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I honestly feel your pain.... I run a small forum and some of the questions and comments either have me blowing hot coffee out of my nose, or have me momentarily wanting to go running off of a cliff pulling my hair out.

But I always count to 10 before I post and I am always civil. Lead by example don't you know ;)

Do want to thank you for being on top of subjects and being willing to answer questions.

You may not realize it, but while that one guy is pissing you off, there are others like me that read people like your answers and go "Oh, cool thats how that works ;)

Thanks. At least someone may get something from my insane rants! :D

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just say let free speech be free speech and stop trying to censor people. The mods on this forum (and most actually) infringe upon the very rights they claim to uphold and support. People are way too sensitive and those of us who aren't shouldn't have to suffer.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
OK flybeech, you've convinced me... I certainly believe that self defense is a legitimate purpose for carrying a gun. Of course our real job will be in convincing the judges in the District Court and in the Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals, who will ultimately hear any case prosecuted under a violation of 1289.6. I think I could make a pretty compelling argument to that effect, and I am willing to take the case for free... now we just need to find a sucker with a clean criminal record who looks good on a witness stand to go get arrested and prosecuted for open carry! Anybody feeling lucky? It might be really hard to get you arrested if we don't get it done before this November, when the new Open Carry law goes into effect, so time is of the essence!

People can get real sanctimonius about their beliefs here and then rush off.I think the real question is,as henschman so eloquently put it,who wants to be the "test case"? Not me,you can be right as rain and a jury will hang you.

Thanks. At least someone may get something from my insane rants! :D

Don't let it go to your head GTG.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I just say let free speech be free speech and stop trying to censor people. The mods on this forum (and most actually) infringe upon the very rights they claim to uphold and support. People are way too sensitive and those of us who aren't shouldn't have to suffer.

Free speech does not apply in a privately owned forum.We reserve the right to censor when necessary.If someone doesn't like it they have the right to leave or start their own web sight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom