Have a non-gun good deal to pass along!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crest ain't much different than the Homeland or Food Pyramid, to be honest. They also are a huge PITA if you try and use coupons, which my wife does.

I was under the impression that Crest was one of the good places to use coupons since they do all that "doubling" stuff you read about where people get carts of groceries for free. No?

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crest disallowed (at least, for the nearly 10 years I lived down there through May 2010) all internet or otherwise printed coupons. We had the best deals at Homeland and Target.

Target does not double, but allows you to use a manufacturer's coupon and one of their store coupons on the same product. They have tons of their own store coupons online for use, and print more random ones for you at the register based on what you just purchased. Then they also price match on top of all this.

You can absolutely slay their prices if you do a bit of homework before the trip. Right now, we're getting Pepsi products after coupons for a buck a 12 pack at Target (Diet Pepsi is 4 for $11, Target has a $1 off Diet Pepsi coupon, my wife has 75 cent off Diet Pepsi coupons from a newspaper insert a couple weeks ago). If I lived in OKC, I would make them price match the Crest price and see if I can get them for 3 cents.

Someone actually griped at my wife once, blaming her "scam" for increased prices passed to non-coupon users, like him. What evs.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crest disallowed (at least, for the nearly 10 years I lived down there through May 2010) all internet or otherwise printed coupons. We had the best deals at Homeland and Target.

Target does not double, but allows you to use a manufacturer's coupon and one of their store coupons on the same product. They have tons of their own store coupons online for use, and print more random ones for you at the register based on what you just purchased. Then they also price match on top of all this.

You can absolutely slay their prices if you do a bit of homework before the trip. Right now, we're getting Pepsi products after coupons for a buck a 12 pack at Target (Diet Pepsi is 4 for $11, Target has a $1 off Diet Pepsi coupon, my wife has 75 cent off Diet Pepsi coupons from a newspaper insert a couple weeks ago). If I lived in OKC, I would make them price match the Crest price and see if I can get them for 3 cents.

Someone actually griped at my wife once, blaming her "scam" for increased prices passed to non-coupon users, like him. What evs.

OK cool. Thanks!

Ya I used to talk back to people who say ignorant things like that person, but I'm mellowing in my old age. Now I actually laugh at them. I mean really, actually, physically laugh while I'm looking at them in response. Makes them even madder. :)

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
thanks cooljeff, good thread,only wish it was dr pepper!

I will drink pepsi also.

Hey nick, I mainly posted the Pepsi sale because it is the best sale ever. But Dr.Pepper and Coke are on sale too, but only the 12 oz bottles in the 8 packs, they are however only $2 an 8 pack. STILL A GREAT DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Crest ain't much different than the Homeland or Food Pyramid, to be honest. They also are a huge PITA if you try and use coupons, which my wife does.

Having shopped at pretty much all the stores you have mentioned and some others as well I can tell you in my personal opinion that your a little mislead if you believe they are the same as Homeland, ect. Only because My wife and I always shopped at the Homeland on 104th and Penn until the new Crest opened and I can tell you the prices for everyday and sale prices are not even remotely the same. Crest has better everyday prices than even Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market. They N E V E R EVER have soft drinks on sale.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree about the everyday prices, but that's not how my wife and I shop. As noted above, I'm currently getting some 12 packs of Pepsi 78 cheaper than the Crest price with a little bit of leg work. But if one just goes in and fills a basket and goes, I agree Crest probably has the better prices.

Latest posts

Top Bottom