Heartland Outdoors SHUTS DOWN 12-31-13

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
on the plus side, you will know exactly what he thinks of you depending on his response.
Or, so I gather.

Saddlebum is an A+ guy; I have done many, many deals with the man and if he says that the "Fat Dog Farts" well, you can count on the fact that the "Fat Dog" indeed does fart. So there you go.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I don't know. That says lanes up to 75ft and Heartland's firing range was 20 yards. That also says 15 lanes and Heartland only had 14.

I wonder if it's the new proposed range linked earlier (Wilshiregun.com)?

Maybe it's Gun World?

Logic tells me Gun World.

Gun World has 15 75ft indoor lanes. http://gunworldokc.com/range/

Gun World, Inc. was incorporated in Oklahoma on May 24, 2002. https://www.sos.ok.gov/corp/corpInformation.aspx?id=1900689810

Gun World is in a standalone building of ~13,500 sq ft on ~1.54 acres according to Google Maps.

firewire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not Gun World.

Found this link doing a google search

http://www.rpgplanroom.com/details.php?job=1672

Location 615 Wilshire Blvd.,Suite 1400,Okla.City,Ok

Google maps puts that West of Broadway Ext and East of Classen on Wilshire.

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari&q=615+Wilshire+Blvd+Oklahoma+City,Ok&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x87b21bd57c506a25:0xae460c2e4c73d3c4,615+W+Wilshire+Blvd,+Oklahoma+City,+OK+73116&gl=us&ei=l4zHUu7LNdXdoAT5p4LABg&ved=0CDAQ8gEwAA

Speaking of GunWorld, It's ashame GunWorld is what it is because it has potential to be something, but for starters their asking prices have to be somewhere on earth. Maybe you can get a deal if you ask, I don't know, but I'm just turned off by having OVER (way over) msrp prices on guns. Even with a lifetime warranty that's crazy. Davidsons offers lifetime plus less than msrp..... I bet if GunWorld had a smart business manager take over AND could somehow change their horrible rep. they could be a high volume place.

The range is nice, but I only go alone and come prepared because their is a lane fee per person (even my kids - c'mon help me teach them not discourage with a financial block), eye fee, ear fee, overpriced targets, double priced ammo. It's no wonder you can always get in. I live East of OKC so it sucks not having anywhere out here close. There was an outdoor range close to Shawnee but it closed.

Last edited:

DogOnTheGround

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Said the guy who probably works at Gun World. $739 for a Glock vs. HO at $599? Hell, even H&H is cheaper than Gun World

What the hell, nice wild ass guessing.

I don't even work at a gun store period. I'm loyal to the one where I can get the products the cheapest or with service that deserves the higher price. I've bought them at H&H, Outdoor America, Big Boys, Cold Hand, and small FFLs the last few times.

Heartland had a nice range, but their prices were too high on most of their stuff not just guns. The fact they closed the doors for not being profitable should kinda tell you something, but then again you are a guesser not a thinker. :wink2:

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
somehow change their horrible rep. they could be a high volume place.

It'd probably cost less to rebrand than to try to market "under new ownership" when Gun World sells.

If that $4.9M listing above is Gun World... well... I'll keep further comment to myself (other than I might have an unused brand to sell to the buyer)...

firewire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It'd probably cost less to rebrand than to try to market "under new ownership" when Gun World sells.

If that $4.9M listing above is Gun World... well... I'll keep further comment to myself (other than I might have an unused brand to sell to the buyer)...

No you are right,that listing has to be GunWorld. New owner better have an advertising budget ready and big "under new ownership" signs.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$4.9M asking price includes the $2M in inventory. $2M in inventory? If I priced what's in my safe the way Gun World prices their inventory, I'd have $1M in inventory. Sales went up 40%? That was from $99 Pmags and $100 bricks of .22lr. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Latest posts

Top Bottom