Heartland Outdoors SHUTS DOWN 12-31-13

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
low mark up......bawahahahahahahahaha

I stopped doing business with them when they never had what I needed and promised it would be in Wednesday. It did not come in and they promised the next Wednesday. Again it did not come in. This happened several times with different products. I finally give up and started ordering everything online.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to live in Edmond, and I was around when Heartland Outdoors opened. Their first problem was that they were in a horrible location that was impossible to see from the intersection of Danforth and Kelly. That big storage place was in the way, so much so, that unless you were driving north up Kelly, you would not see them. I assume this cut down a lot on their "walk in" business.

Additionally, the customer service there was atrocious. Todd Sorter was AWESOME, and Cleo was nice, but outside of those two, it went downhill quick. I went in there after Todd left, and I noticed that the place had changed.

While I was living in Edmond, I ordered an Arsenal SGL-21 and had it delivered to there. When I went there to pick it up, I spoke to Sandy (big white guy with mustache) and he told me that they did not have it. I showed him the FedEx tracking slip, and he told me that they get those "phantom packages" all the time, and that it would probably come in the next day or the day after next. I refused to leave the store and I even showed him where he had signed for the package. He went back to warehouse to look, and he came out AGAIN and told me that they did not have the rifle. At that point I asked to speak to a manager and I had wo wait about 45 minutes for some woman to come up to me. I do not remember her name, but I assumed that she was the manager. I explain to her the situation and she sent Sandy back to look again, and voila, he came back with my rifle. He said that it had been "covered" up by two Sig Sauer rifles, and that he had missed it. He copped an attitude with me because I kept asking him to go and look for my rifle, and I swore that I'd never go back to that store when I walked out with my rifle, and truth be told, I never bought anything there again.

Horrible customer service, poor selection, high-prices, and jackasses for salesman.

Again, Cleo and Todd were good, and the guy that had do their CCW classes was nice. But those factors listed above lead me to not be surprised when I was told that they were out of business.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't Heartland the place that was selling mags for exorbitant prices during the Tacpocalypse?
Went in once, walked out without buying anything.

Went in to Jerry's in Tulsa this weekend. Bought 2 1lb jugs of H100V for $27. And 2000 primers for $80. Not bad prices really and really really friendly people over there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom