Heartland Outdoors SHUTS DOWN 12-31-13

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MuTau007

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jan 24 & 25 will be the auction. Still open for people on layaway and with gift cards you just have to call the store during buisness hours and set an appointment.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The owner said on the News9 story that they're going to waive the fees on layaways. I don't recall the exact verbiage, but it sure sounded like what you've paid so far is all you're going to have to pay.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The owner said on the News9 story that they're going to waive the fees on layaways. I don't recall the exact verbiage, but it sure sounded like what you've paid so far is all you're going to have to pay.

That's not what it sounded like to me. Some places charge a fee to put things in layaway. I'm not sure what HO's policy is but I can't see them or any other business giving away their merchandise for free.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's not what it sounded like to me. Some places charge a fee to put things in layaway.
Could be.
I'm not sure what HO's policy is but I can't see them or any other business giving away their merchandise for free.
If you're closing your doors and selling everything at auction, what's to lose?

plissken

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stopped doing business with them when they never had what I needed and promised it would be in Wednesday. It did not come in and they promised the next Wednesday. Again it did not come in. This happened several times with different products. I finally give up and started ordering everything online.

I left and never went back when the old guy behind the counter was rude to me. I left, spent money elsewhere. I'm sure my one bad experience and boycott of the store didn't break them.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure what HO's policy is but I can't see them or any other business giving away their merchandise for free.
I just saw the rebroadcast, and he said they'll waive what's owed on the layaway. He's also quoted saying that in jmike's post on page 11 of this thread (which I somehow missed earlier).

Latest posts

Top Bottom