Heaven

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I dunno CHenry, maybe your God didn't create evil thing like polio or measles.....maybe he didn't create evil....maybe the Big Bang created disease and pestilence. Maybe Satan did. But God created Satan and that means God allows evil to florish.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Leviticus 3:17
It shall be a perpetual statute for your generations throughout all your dwellings, that ye eat neither fat nor blood.

Hamburger anyone?

Leviticus 11:7
And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.

Damn I love bacon.

Leviticus 19:27
Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.

Be some shabby dudes out there...

Mark 10:11
And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her.

Boy, you best not get that divorce after all.

Timothy 2:9
“Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments.”

Ohhh, thats a shame.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When He said, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear. Hebrews 8:13

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hebrews 8:6-13
6 But now Jesus, our High Priest, has been given a ministry that is far superior to the old priesthood, for he is the one who mediates for us a far better covenant with God, based on better promises. 7 If the first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no need for a second covenant to replace it. 8 But when God found fault with the people, he said:The day is coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and Judah. 9 This covenant will not be like the one I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand and led them out of the land of Egypt. They did not remain faithful to my covenant, so I turned my back on them, says the Lord. 10 But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel on that day, says the Lord: I will put my laws in their minds, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. 11 And they will not need to teach their neighbors, nor will they need to teach their relatives, saying, You should know the Lord. For everyone, from the least to the greatest, will know me already. 12 And I will forgive their wickedness, and I will never again remember their sins. 13 When God speaks of a new covenant, it means he has made the first one obsolete. It is now out of date and will soon disappear.

Hebrews 7:11-12
11 So if the priesthood of Levi, on which the law was based, could have achieved the perfection God intended, why did God need to establish a different priesthood, with a priest in the order of Melchizedek instead of the order of Levi and Aaron? 12 And if the priesthood is changed, the law must also be changed to permit it.

1 Timothy 1:8-11
8 We know that the law is good when used correctly. 9 For the law was not intended for people who do what is right. It is for people who are lawless and rebellious, who are ungodly and sinful, who consider nothing sacred and defile what is holy, who kill their father or mother or commit other murders. 10 The law is for people who are sexually immoral, or who practice homosexuality, or are slave traders, liars, promise breakers, or who do anything else that contradicts the wholesome teaching 11 that comes from the glorious Good News entrusted to me by our blessed God.

Romans 3:19-20
19 Obviously, the law applies to those to whom it was given, for its purpose is to keep people from having excuses, and to show that the entire world is guilty before God. 20 For no one can ever be made right with God by doing what the law commands. The law simply shows us how sinful we are.

2 Corinthians 3:7-11
7*But if the ministry of death, in letters engraved on stones, came with glory, so that the sons of Israel could not look intently at the face of Moses because of the glory of his face, fading as it was, 8*how will the ministry of the Spirit fail to be even more with glory? 9*For if the ministry of condemnation has glory, much more does the ministry of righteousness abound in glory. 10*For indeed what had glory, in this case has no glory because of the glory that surpasses it. 11*For if that which fades away was with glory, much more that which remains is in glory.
Galatians 3:2-3
2 Let me ask you this one question: Did you receive the Holy Spirit by obeying the law of Moses? Of course not! You received the Spirit because you believed the message you heard about Christ. 3 How foolish can you be? After starting your Christian lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort?

Romans 7: 4,6
4* So, my dear brothers and sisters, this is the point: You died to the power of the law when you died with Christ. And now you are united with the one who was raised from the dead. As a result, we can produce a harvest of good deeds for God. 6* But now we have been released from the law, for we died to it and are no longer captive to its power. Now we can serve God, not in the old way of obeying the letter of the law, but in the new way of living in the Spirit.

Hebrews 9:16-17
16* Now when someone leaves a will, it is necessary to prove that the person who made it is dead. 17* The will goes into effect only after the person’s death. While the person who made it is still alive, the will cannot be put into effect.

Romans 10:4
4* For Christ has already accomplished the purpose for which the law was given. As a result, all who believe in him are made right with God.

Galatians 3:24-25
24* Let me put it another way. The law was our guardian until Christ came; it protected us until we could be made right with God through faith. 25 And now that the way of faith has come, we no longer need the law as our guardian.

Galatians 5:18

18* But when you are directed by the Spirit, you are not under obligation to the law of Moses.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The New covenant changed a lot of what was in the Bible. You can't just march into a foreign city and put every man and woman to the sword and dash their little ones against the rocks unless you need the practice. Caveats, caveats.

Latest posts

Top Bottom