Help me pick a scope!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I'll like it on the Encore. It is going to get a folding stock and be a pack rifle eventually. Thanks to patrickcudd for the idea several months ago.

A guy I work with has the Vortex and he loves it.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got the scope in today. I'm pretty impressed with the quality of the glass. 1x is really close to 1x. The illumination is a little dim it isn't daylight visible, but I don't really need it in the bright sun. I like this scope better than the handful of millett DMS-1s I've played with.

Reaction score
Honestly, on a hunting gun, it's hard to beat the value of an Elite Bushnell, due to the Rainguard, which is a real tangible benefit that can put meat on the table when others crap out, if hunting in the rain.

Edit: Well, oops, you got the scope. I hear a LOT of good about the Vortex stuff, and a true lifetime warranty on them, in my understanding - I'll be anxious to hear the detailed reports from you. :)

ttt

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a VX-II 2-7x/33 on one of my Encore barrels. It is pretty nice for the price. I have always used Leupold (because of the lifetime warranty), and Steiner scopes.

Recently though, I used a borrowed black powder rifle for a controlled hunt that had a Nikon Omega 3-9x/40. The glass on that thing is absolutely fantastic. I was just blown away that such a cheap scope is so good. I know it is not a Monarch, so it doesn't really answer your question.

The owner of the scope is going to replace that scope with a Leupold VX-3, not because of the quality of optics, but because he doesn't like the BDC reticle.

Edit: I just also realized that you have bought the Bushnell.

Latest posts

Top Bottom