Help with my 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a new mag in yesterday that I ordered. I will try it out and see if that works, else if not then I will get with Para and get a new slide spring on order as well.

So far there is not much support for this gun. I am not getting rid of it for a Kimber or Wilson though, kind of defeats the fact that my dad passed it down to me and gave it to me doesnt it.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a new mag in yesterday that I ordered. I will try it out and see if that works, else if not then I will get with Para and get a new slide spring on order as well.

So far there is not much support for this gun. I am not getting rid of it for a Kimber or Wilson though, kind of defeats the fact that my dad passed it down to me and gave it to me doesnt it.

Hey TJ, which exact model is it?

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking as a former owner of a double stack Para Tac 4 I can tell you that the first thing you should do is replace the mag springs with new ones from Wolff. The factory springs are crap. I think I still have the factory springs somewhere, I had some that were too weak and some that were too strong. They were all different lengths and there was no relation between the length and whether or not they were too strong. Once I put in the Wolff springs I had zero problems with the reliability of the pistol.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me first say that I did not read all posts in this thread. However I had the exact same issue as the OP. Turned out to be the extractor binding with case and not allowing it to feed. Do a little googling for extractor tuning. I did the work myself and now the pistol feeds flawlessly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom