Here we go. Good luck tonight.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was definitely a tornado in Moore and right at 4th and Broadway. Again! Went right over my house. I ducked into the shelter but before I did I saw the prettiest spot of sun and sky to my southwest I think I've ever seen. On top of me it looked like the whole friggin storm was rotating. I saw tree branches at several hundred feet and hauling ass so I did too. Happened to fast to get pics. Dammit

I gotta clean up my place again. Dammit.

And I got 5 fence panels down and broken. Dammit.

The back yard is a lake and I can't even fire up the generator. Dammit.

This **** is getting old...

Getting old beats the hell out of the alternative. Glad you are okay.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It looks like the tornado went south of my house, but based on the radar it looks like I might have caught some softball sized hail. I left 3 cars out... could be bad. We'll see tomorrow night when I get back to OK I guess. Take care everybody.

Just a handful of egg sized stones north of Wilshire about 1/4 mile. Lots of nickel to grape size, but only a few that would leave a mark. Not sure where you are, but probably not too bad if the tornado missed you to the south. Close enough to hear the roar from two of them. Not a pretty sound. Hope your rolling stock is okay.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My nine year old told me if we get hail I need to go out and get him a few chunks then he tells me the best chunks are the ones furthest from the house.

Reaction score
Well that was a crazy ass storm. Was on the south side of the storm and thought we were in a pretty good spot. Then the damn thing went south. Tornadoes hardly ever go south! So we bugged out in a hurry but the highway going south was a parking lot. Hit the backroads and ended up in Anadarko! Along with a massive exodus of other people.

But house is still here and all my people are accounted for so pretty lucky overall. Well except for the damage to the wheat. :nolike:

Man, that sucks about the wheat. I was telling my wife that crap is tearing the wheat to hell probably.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rode out the storm in a safe room at work with 7 other people. The walls of the safe room were shaking pretty hard. Thats when I knew it was going to be bad. We took a direct hit to our shop and offices. We are just east of El Reno at I 40 and Radio road. Lost 2/3rds of the roof trashed a few semi trucks. and laid an acid tanker and semi on its side. Ill post some pics tomorrow as I just got home and have been up since 4am yesterday.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in the hayfield pulling thistles, listening to Gary England on the radio, so I didn't see the coverage and was well south of the action, but it sounds like the center of the rotation in the Norman storm went right over my house. OEC just got the power restored about 2am, but other than some smallish branches and a hell of a lot of leaves being down, I didn't see any damage to/on my property.

Not looking forward to seeing my car in the morning, though--I didn't wait long enough before heading back, and got stuck in the highway 77 parking lot with about 50,000 of my closest friends in a hailstorm. I think it might've been marble- to grape-sized hail, based on the few that broke up on my windshield, but it sounded like flipping bowling balls...

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No power in my patch of MWC since around 830pm. Rain and lightning parked over the house all night...

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw a lot of flooding on my way back home; the county fixed most of the worst places, but there were still many places with several inches of water running (and I do mean running--it was moving swiftly) across/along the roads. It wasn't quite bad enough that I wished I'd been in a truck, but there was more water on the roads than I've seen in a long time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom