Hertz sells off their EVs. Says it won't buy any more.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All rental car companies suck; they spend too much time cleaning the outside of the car and ignoring the inside. I’ve refused cars many times because of dirty inside windshields, stinking interior and food boogers.
Only good thing from Hertz was that they partnered with Magellan to develop the Never Lost GPS navigation system.

Back in the early days of Hertz's Never Lost system, the wife made a trip to Virginia and rented a car with the system. The biggest problem they had with it was that it couldn't react fast enough to changes in driving. They might have to stop in a parking lot and let the thing catch up.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Perhaps you roll in properties with higher star counts than I. Myself, I was always a Hilton/Marriott guy, but rarely saw charging stations onsite.

I have seen a surprising number in national parks. I think the more surprising one was Pinnacles National Park out in nowhere Cali that had one even.
Refer back to post #22 and #24.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Refer back to post #22 and #24.
1705202548530.png

??? --- just making sure you were referring to these and not your own previous :D

Attachments

• 1705202534609.png
    1705202534609.png
    85.3 KB · Views: 0

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You commented in your travels nobody had charging stations. Those two posts agreed with my post that most hotels/motels certainly do have charging stations as well as major truck stops.
Man, we're dealing with almost immeasurable amounts of statistical significance here either way based on my experience, or you and the two others.

But regardless, My experience is that in my travels, wherein I was in hotels about 180 nights a year across the continent, the majority of the properties i stayed in, comprised mostly of Hilton/Marriott/IHG brands, did not have chargers. YMMV based on where you go and where you stay of the 107,000 different hotels in the US.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, we're dealing with almost immeasurable amounts of statistical significance here either way based on my experience, or you and the two others.

But regardless, My experience is that in my travels, wherein I was in hotels about 180 nights a year across the continent, the majority of the properties i stayed in, comprised mostly of Hilton/Marriott/IHG brands, did not have chargers. YMMV based on where you go and where you stay of the 107,000 different hotels in the US.
Majority wins.
Most aren’t located in the main parking lot either. They have to be located near easy access to coal fired base load electricity.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's another one:

https://www.eenews.net/articles/the-new-wi-fi-hotels-go-big-on-ev-charging/
The American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA), a trade group, estimates that the hotel industry will approach full recovery from the pandemic this year, selling 1.3 billion nights of hotel stays, up from the 1.29 billion from the pre-Covid year of 2019. In 2020, stays reached a low of 831 million.

Travelers’ digital expectations have changed, with many guests wanting to control services with their smartphones, such as room entry and TV streaming, according to a study this year by Hilton. Many are “bleisure” travelers who are combining work travel with person travel.

Roughly 26 percent of all U.S. hotels currently have chargers, according to a separate “green lodging” survey of 17,000 facilities by AHLA. They are skewed toward more expensive facilities. Almost 90 percent of luxury hotels have charging stations, while adoption at “limited service” hotels — those that offer nothing but a place to sleep — is at 20 percent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom