Ridiculous craigslist people on vehicles.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fender mounted starter solenoid had an open coil.
They had replaced the battery and it had 13v.
You could roll on the ignition switch and 13v was hitting the post on the starter solenoid but it would not close. Coil check read infinity so we gambled at that point and took possession of it.
Replaced the solenoid and it started right up.
My son has dozens of hours cleaning this rascal up, changing fluids etc. and the overdrive c6 is going to need built as it’s leaking transmission fluid at the torque converter seal.
Needs full exhaust so we’re going to install headers then pipe it out.
It’s going to be a cool daily driver for him soon.
The fender solenoid went out on mine also. I'm sure you know but you can jump them with a screw driver and see if that turns the starter. For those less knowledgeable in checking things.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think there was an opportunity here, all of us call the original craigslist guy with successively lower offers, he'd call @montesa back and take his original one... Oh well, just trying to find ways to misuse social media.
Haha that's a great idea! I just told him we won't be able to make a deal and good luck with the sale. I hate dealing with people like that. The guy is totally clueless. Won't even send pics of the rest of it. Probably jacked up. Just thought I would try since it's not far from me and moving them costs.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think there was an opportunity here, all of us call the original craigslist guy with successively lower offers, he'd call @montesa back and take his original one... Oh well, just trying to find ways to misuse social media.
What’s his number I’ll call him

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What’s his number I’ll call him
It's listed in the ad. You can just text him. You should text and offer 500. He will definitely be offended though.

He's still messaging me after I told him we couldn't make a deal and good luck. Finally told him the trucks just aren't worth hardly anything not running without title. Could be anything wrong with the motor or trans and have to plan for that. Also getting the title is a hassle.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The fender solenoid went out on mine also. I'm sure you know but you can jump them with a screw driver and see if that turns the starter. For those less knowledgeable in checking things.
When I was at UCO, I had an 87 and my roommate had a 90. That’s how we both started our trucks for weeks before our lazy butts got around to swapping them out. After that I just kept an extra behind the seat

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's listed in the ad. You can just text him. You should text and offer 500. He will definitely be offended though.

He's still messaging me after I told him we couldn't make a deal and good luck. Finally told him the trucks just aren't worth hardly anything not running without title. Could be anything wrong with the motor or trans and have to plan for that. Also getting the title is a hassle.
Now I’m waiting for a response!

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I’ve not made him an offer yet, but I’m almost there. He said he’s supposed to be contacting the DMV to see what a title and a tag would cost him.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve not made him an offer yet, but I’m almost there. He said he’s supposed to be contacting the DMV to see what a title and a tag would cost him.
Awesome! Will be interesting. I don't think anyone will pay more than a grand for that truck even with title. Especially since he won't send or post pics of the rest of it. And the burned side is suspicious.

Latest posts

Top Bottom