Ridiculous craigslist people on vehicles.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tacoma is gone. 365,000 miles with zero mechanical failures. Still on the road 6 years later with a new owner that reports the same.
Must be confusing me with another person that had issues with theirs.
I had a cousin-in-law get those manuals when I bought it new figuring I might need them in future repairs that never happened.
Seem to remember you pulling some crazy loads and running through the pastures. Great little trucks.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seem to remember you pulling some crazy loads and running through the pastures. Great little trucks.
That I did. Pulled a trailer with a 5000lb tractor on it. Needed air bags on the rear suspension to handle the tongue weight.
The area where our farms are is pretty treacherous. The roads are clay so after a rain or snow, not many vehicles can get down those roads. The Tacoma never had an issue which is why most of the oilfield pumpers in our area drove Tacoma's.

Pennyless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm honestly surprised you can still find stuff on craigslist. Seems like every time I look for something these days it's all businesses advertising. I do miss it being popular, I hate FB marketplace. They say only boomers use facebook but that's not my experience buying/selling on there. Shame, I'm an old man at heart, rather deal with them than all the damn zoomers.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a first gen Tacoma manual 4x4. It’s a beast!
I also have a set of 1972 FJ40 axles that I’m wanting to install. Just not the right time
Drum brakes and an offset rear differential. Why would you do that to your truck? I'd be saving up to do the heads on that 3.0 when it blows the gaskets. They're notorious for it.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Drum brakes and an offset rear differential. Why would you do that to your truck? I'd be saving up to do the heads on that 3.0 when it blows the gaskets. They're notorious for it.
The Tacoma has the 3.4 V6 and I don't think they commonly blow head gaskets. It's the 5VZ-FE. Anything can at 200+ thousand miles though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom