Hertz sells off their EVs. Says it won't buy any more.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Low customer demand! :laugh6:

Only a small percentage of people are interested in ev's, duh!

I am in the boat of let the consumer decide what is right for the consumer. And let them foot the bill 100%

The more the idiots in grubbermitt try to ram it down peoples throats, the more I want to see it fail!

I support a total suspension of government subsidization of ev cars, charging stations, etc etc!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The government could be pushing EVs for big city use like NYC, Hydrogen powered cars for suburban use and gas for long distance and rural use. It would be simpler to build charging stations in a big city. The Hydrogen powered cars have a much longer range, refuel in minutes and actually help clean the air as they are driven. The gas is already plentiful and easy to find for long distance/rural use. Combine those three with building modern nuclear power plants and you have solved the air pollution and so called climate change problem.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The government could be pushing EVs for big city use like NYC, Hydrogen powered cars for suburban use and gas for long distance and rural use. It would be simpler to build charging stations in a big city. The Hydrogen powered cars have a much longer range, refuel in minutes and actually help clean the air as they are driven. The gas is already plentiful and easy to find for long distance/rural use. Combine those three with building modern nuclear power plants and you have solved the air pollution and so called climate change problem.
Just my opinion... all of the above is a solution to a non existing problem.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The government shouldn't be pushing any car. They should just be making things as easy as possible for businesses to do business.

Get out of the ****ing way.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is what the gubmint would prefer.

1705075149791.png

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem for a rental company isn't that there's not demand, but I'd imagine they are a real pain to rent since most hotels dont have chargers. So for a traveler, having to top up without the infrastructure where you're staying, it can be a killer.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem for a rental company isn't that there's not demand, but I'd imagine they are a real pain to rent since most hotels dont have chargers. So for a traveler, having to top up without the infrastructure where you're staying, it can be a killer.
this was my thinking, too. It's an added level of complication that inexperienced EV people likely don't want to deal with.

And, i imagine that it also makes turning vehicles around for the next customer slower. Whereas a gas car can come in on empty and be immediately filled up, cleaned and back on the road to the next customer, an EV likely cannot be turned around so quickly. Longer wait times for incoming clients, more cars required on hand to fulfill the need while the EV recharges, etc.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was traveling on a regular basis an EV would have been fine, wouldn't need to be topped up. It was literally fly in, get a car, got to hotel, next day go to client site for meeting, return to airport and fly home. A lot of folks in my business have similar patterns. What isn't clear is how Hertz was charging for "fuel", I know for gasoline their "we fill it" options are egregious from a cost perspective.

Hertz has never been good about smart choices, there is a reason they have been on the financial ropes several times. Putting 100K cars of different technology is nothing short of ignorant, all I can assume is that they leveraged a tax advantage for going that deep.

Another one of their brilliant ideas, "Hertz" cars that no one wants to rent, a lot of $$'s collecting dust in their Estero, FL Corporate office.

IMG_7558.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom