Hey Tenkiller lake patrol.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know we have at least one on this board..... Lol

Anyhow, I have heard a few people say that you cannot carry on the lake due to Federal regulations, core land or Indian land being the issue....

Not that it will stop me, as believe the Constitution trumps any of those regulations, but it would be nice to know if there is a potential problem.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The lake is part of a state park, parks are exempt, and legal to carry. I carry on Eufala, dont go out with out it. I was attacked on my boat by a drunk with a gaffing hook a few years ago. Most cops wont care if you're carrying as long as you arent breaking any laws anyways.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Lake Patrol is part of OHP, who enforce state laws, so why would they care about what the Feds say? I suppose they could use it as an additional charge if you're drunk or being an a-hole, but I wouldn't think it would come into play with the Lake Patrol under normal circumstances.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
State law enforcement cannot enforce federal laws to my knowledge. There was a federal case about it in Oregon, a sheriff wouldn't issue a carry permit to a medical Marijuana user. The courts told him he had no right to do so.... Although that may have been State Supreme Court now that I think about it.

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
State law enforcement cannot enforce federal laws to my knowledge. There was a federal case about it in Oregon, a sheriff wouldn't issue a carry permit to a medical Marijuana user. The courts told him he had no right to do so.... Although that may have been State Supreme Court now that I think about it.
Printz vs. United States (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Printz_v._United_States) is the case that says the Feds cannot force state/county/local LEOs to enforce Federal law. It dealt with compelling county sheriffs to conduct Federal background checks under the Brady act, and pot is still illegal under Federal law, so I'm thinking your case must've been a state case.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device

Oklahoma Game wardens can enforce Federal laws.

Latest posts

Top Bottom