Hidden Beauty - My. best buy of the year.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dadof#4

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

lilcountry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow! This nearly brought tears to my old eyes. The Savage 24 in .22/.410 was my first ever "personally owned" firearm exactly 70 years ago, when my dad gave me one for my 11th birthday. He purchased it from Oklahoma Tire & Supply, better known as "OTASCO", in Drumright. Sweet combo, absolutely perfect first gun for a kid, safe break-open action, reliable as a granite rock. I've kicked myself for years because I was dumb enough to let somebody buy mine when I was in my 40's. Wonderful work on the restoration, thanks for the memories!
I always wanted one when I was a kid. When I was in Junior High and High School and we visited my grandparents I would wander off in the morning and sometimes not come back until dark. They lived on an oil lease with thousands of acres. I explored all over that place, and a Model 24 would have been an excellent companion,

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks nice. Good job. I have several 24V's and 24's. My favorite predator gun choice especially on solo hunt. Take that one to the field with care and hunt small game like they're bear. That's the squirrel hunters delight you have there.

Attachments

• 12132022 .222-20ga..jpg
    12132022 .222-20ga..jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom