High End Tactical switchblades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have never had the need to visit the knife forum as automatic knives have always been illegal. I don't know jack about knives. I would appreciate advice as to high end tactical switchblade brands. I know nothing about which steel is best. I know that different metals have advantages and disadvantages. What are you guys and gals looking to buy. Price is not an issue. Thanx in advance.
Please see my post.# 5

Last edited:

t3h_sober1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have never had the need to visit the knife forum as automatic knives have always been illegal. I don't know jack about knives. I would appreciate advice as to high end tactical switchblade brands. I know nothing about which steel is best. I know that different metals have advantages and disadvantages. What are you guys and gals looking to buy. Price is not an issue. Thanx in advance.

When you say switchblade are you referring to any auto knife or are you looking for an OTF (out the front)?

Benchmade has many autos and some of the best OTFs out there. Popular models 2750 Adamas (AUTO), 9051/9052 AFO II (AUTO), and Infidel (OTF).

HK made by Benchmade available at a cheaper price. Popular models Entourage (AUTO), Tumult (OTF), Epidemic (OTF), and Turmoil (OTF).

Microtech has a ton of OTF knives and people seem to really like them, I personally have no experience with the brand. Popular models Ultratech (OTF), Makora (OTF), and Halo (OTF).

As for blade steel any of these manufactures will have very nice steels, although on paper Microtech uses higher end steels.

For what its worth autos and OTFs are not my thing but I figured I would share what I know. I prefer Zero Tolerance flippers like the ZT 0562, it is just as fast as any auto listed and it can be closed easily with one hand.

Keep in mind that autos are not "legal to carry" until November 1, 2015.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bladeops.com has plenty and easy searching. I'm a Benchmade guy myself. My new CLA

WP_20150524_008.jpg

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great thread, thank you jhat.

I was wanting the same info.
Was ready to order a Benchmade AFO II from an online dealer. Thought I would check the federal law dealing with switchblades,
and have concluded that I would be committing a federal offense by placing such an order. If it is shipped across state lines it is illegal. In short, the police and military are exempt but Joe Q Citizen is not. Look at the terms and conditions of sale for the online dealers. You have to check a box affirming that you can legally purchase a switch before they will allow the sale. They set forth the federal law on their sites. Just a heads up for you guys and gals.

t3h_sober1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was ready to order a Benchmade AFO II from an online dealer. Thought I would check the federal law dealing with switchblades,
and have concluded that I would be committing a federal offense by placing such an order. If it is shipped across state lines it is illegal. In short, the police and military are exempt but Joe Q Citizen is not. Look at the terms and conditions of sale for the online dealers. You have to check a box affirming that you can legally purchase a switch before they will allow the sale. They set forth the federal law on their sites. Just a heads up for you guys and gals.

Also if you need to send it in for warranty Benchmade will not return your knife to you if you are not LEO/Mil or legally allowed to carry it. It is 100% legal to own a auto in OK you just can't carry it.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

So I guess we need to find the shop that carries what youre after and deal with them. I have no issues with that.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bladeops will ship them and there is no box to check. Owning them is not illegal; carrying them is.
I agree owning one is not illegal and carrying one soon will not be. Ordering one online and having it shipped across state lines is illegal for regular citizens. Just because you found a dealer that will ship you one, no questions asked, does not make it legal. If you want to roll the dice have at it.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine is not "high end" but I like the profile of the back of the blade and the safety locks while the blade is both open or closed which was a feature I was looking for.

Hogue EX-A01 3.5"
J4QHNg_N9aspaMkOmOEvg8LYKnF7oaVJ66K4BchrK34=w844-h633-no

Latest posts

Top Bottom