High Fence Ranch Busted With Stolen Property

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow... I did some work for the Triple S a few years ago and know the guy. I will say his taxidermy collection was the biggest I have ever seen.

How do people keep that stuff?!? I worked at a place that had rooms full of stuffed animals and mounts, and it STUNK TO HIGH HEAVEN ... :nolike: It stunk so bad back in the warehouse that I got to where I refused to go back into the part where they kept all that crap ... Take a picture and hang it on the wall, for Chrissake but let's leave the dead animals to the museums ... which have much better ventilation systems, I guess, than the place I worked ... :P

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I dunno ... We know a guy who was arrested because stolen property was found on his land ... a LOT of stolen property. Apparently his deadbeat, worthless, crackhead daughter and her deadbeat, worthless, crackhead husband were stealing all kinds of stuff and hiding it in an unused barn on his property. He very nearly lost everything he had fighting the charges ... In the end he was cleared but still, he swears to this day that he knew absolutely nothing about the stuff in that barn until the sheriff showed up at his door ...
Tractors and atv's?

Heck even my neighbors know when something new shows up! Just ask them

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dunno ... We know a guy who was arrested because stolen property was found on his land ... a LOT of stolen property. Apparently his deadbeat, worthless, crackhead daughter and her deadbeat, worthless, crackhead husband were stealing all kinds of stuff and hiding it in an unused barn on his property. He very nearly lost everything he had fighting the charges ... In the end he was cleared but still, he swears to this day that he knew absolutely nothing about the stuff in that barn until the sheriff showed up at his door ...

I agree, I can't attest to the size of the property but a friend had a "farm" in his family in Nebraska. Didn't qualify as a ranch due to being shy a few hundred acres but was literally HUGE. All the farm plots were one mile squares, the driveway to the house was about ten miles on it's own and everything had to be irrigated from the river. Two huge diesel pumps would pump the water from the river into a canal, three would pump it up a hill and then two more would distribute the water to the fields. The pumps were nothing to sneeze at either, you would find the same engine in a tractor trailer. There were four or five regular full sized homes along with bunk houses for the single guys.

With that amount of land to take care of you have to delegate authority and if the person who is supposed to be dealing with things while you are having to deal with other stuff is slacking off how do you know exactly what is going on for sure. Let alone what one person or another may or may not have bought. When I was on my friends family farm he just went over to one of the guys and said I need a truck to drive around while I am here and they tossed him a set of keys with four or five more sets hanging.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whats "illegal taxidermy" ???
He got a mounted bald eagle or something...
Extinct species....
Full body Velociraptor!!!!
Probably something involving the CITES species. Cheetahs, jaguars, black rhino, polar bears, that sort of thing. I'd think it'd be grandfathered in, unless they never did any paperwork on it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How do people keep that stuff?!? I worked at a place that had rooms full of stuffed animals and mounts, and it STUNK TO HIGH HEAVEN ... :nolike: It stunk so bad back in the warehouse that I got to where I refused to go back into the part where they kept all that crap ... Take a picture and hang it on the wall, for Chrissake but let's leave the dead animals to the museums ... which have much better ventilation systems, I guess, than the place I worked ... :P

Really? Are you aware of how animals are "stuffed" that makes them stink? Please enlighten us.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mounts are tanned and use foam forms. There is nothing to "stink".

Back in the day, they actually "stuffed" them with hay or whatever. That was 60 years or so ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom