Horror Story: M&P 10 and S&W's Customer Service

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, but how is an M&P upper put together any different than a "regular" AR upper?

The M&P10 like most AR10's are not 100% standardized. In addition to the barrel extension and bolt being proprietary, the gas tube, BCG, and receiver extension are specific to the M&P10 as well.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm holding out hope that olyeller will be able to get me a barrel. If I get it, I will gladly part with my busted barrel, if you would want to have a gunsmith put it's extension on another blank or something.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is no different than the scum at Ruger CS.
Many years ago a customer bought a new M77 and after the first few shots the thin receiver portion where the safety is cracked.
We took it apart and found that sawdust from the stock finishing was clumped at the rear of the tang causing a lot of pressure and the firing caused it to crack.
Sent it back with detailed information and leaving the "clump" in place.
Their response was un-repairable and we will sell you a new one for $450.
Well New ones were on store shelves at $350-375 so we told them to send it back.
They refused claiming it was a liability and unsafe to shoot.
We had to get a lawyer after them to get the gun back.

When we got it back I scraped out the sawdust, welded up the crack, threw it in the bluing tank and it was good as new.

Okie11B

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have the energy to respond. Somewhere between watching M110s limp through courses of fire, sniper school, my own personal M&P10 breaking down 3 times to refund, and Yeager saying he has never had a 10 complete his class, this monkey formed an opinion. I guess I need to buy another one and carry Mike Cywrus around in an assault pack with me I'll be good to go then. Lmao

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have the energy to respond. Somewhere between watching M110s limp through courses of fire, sniper school, my own personal M&P10 breaking down 3 times to refund, and Yeager saying he has never had a 10 complete his class, this monkey formed an opinion. I guess I need to buy another one and carry Mike Cywrus around in an assault pack with me I'll be good to go then. Lmao

Mike gets a little grumpy being packed around. Might want to rethink this avenue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom