Horror Story: M&P 10 and S&W's Customer Service

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't have the energy to respond. Somewhere between watching M110s limp through courses of fire, sniper school, my own personal M&P10 breaking down 3 times to refund, and Yeager saying he has never had a 10 complete his class, this monkey formed an opinion. I guess I need to buy another one and carry Mike Cywrus around in an assault pack with me I'll be good to go then. Lmao

And yet, here your response lies for all to read. . . .

hmm. . . .

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally, I would attempt to speak, not to an engineer, but to a Director or VP of Customer Service. It is amazing how often a CS bigwig can make the engineers do what they say couldn't be done for a customer, across multiple industries.

If it were me, I'd send a nice letter to this person:

Investor Relations
Elizabeth Sharp
Vice President, Investor Relations
Smith & Wesson Holding Corp.
Phone: 480-949-9700 X115
E-mail: [email protected]

It's a shot in the dark, but for $.44 (if that's what a stamp goes for) and a 1 minute letter, might be a $1000 payoff (if you can sell it for that)!

Good luck and keep us posted.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just in case anybody is curious what this looks like, here are some pics of the rifle showing the damage. I just got it back from S&W yesterday.
image.jpg
image.jpg

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just in case anybody is curious what this looks like, here are some pics of the rifle showing the damage. I just got it back from S&W yesterday.
View attachment 45404
View attachment 45405

What is/was the diameter of the barrel in front of the gas block after it tapers down and before it tapers back up the the muzzle? What size is that gas block ID?

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is/was the diameter of the barrel in front of the gas block after it tapers down and before it tapers back up the the muzzle? What size is that gas block ID?
Skinny part of the barrel was 0.6". Gas block journal is .750".

Where was the "ring" that you saw through the barrel before this happened?

It is really hard to make anything out through that mangled tube... but best I can tell, it was toward the gas block end of the split.

Latest posts

Top Bottom