How do you carry your NFA stamps? PDF legal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
H&H loves to ask for your papers. I keep mine in pdf on the phone.

I personally have no issue showing docs (although no one has ever asked me), but what business does H&H have asking?

They aren't ATF so why is it their "business"?

(And before someone says it's their right to know if weapon is legal because it's their range, I agree - BUT it's not like they run SN on all weapons to check legality so that's not a legit answer)

}BuLL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The reasons their employees give grows in hilarity each time. The last guy interrupted my range time to ramble on how they have ATF & FBI agents that shoot there, and how H&H would get in trouble if my papers/items weren't in order. lol

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What they told me in the past was that some folks don't realize that Machine Guns are legal and have called the cops on people shooting. If cops/FBI/ATF show up and ask about "the guy on lane 6 with a machine gun", they said that they can say "we've seen the paperwork and it's in order" so that the customer doesn't get hassled.

Dave

CBarCRanch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It would be funny to make a fake form and stamp with the name Phu Koff and let H&H range guy look at it. If he looks close enough to raise an issue, swap it out and act like you have no idea what he is talking about.

}BuLL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What they told me in the past was that some folks don't realize that Machine Guns are legal and have called the cops on people shooting. If cops/FBI/ATF show up and ask about "the guy on lane 6 with a machine gun", they said that they can say "we've seen the paperwork and it's in order" so that the customer doesn't get hassled.

Dave
Yea, I've heard that one too. What kind of person calls the cops on another for shooting guns at a gun range?? H&H even used to rent MGs. The other ranges in town don't seem to have this "issue"

}BuLL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I looked around online and found various reports of requirements. Some say it is required to have it on the gun at all times. Others say its not and you do not have to produce the stamp on spot, just have the ability to produce the documents in a timely fashion. I'm curious if a PDF copy on an electronic device would be acceptable.

Currently I keep the original stamps in the safe. I have made a copy and keep that in my range bag. I also saved a PDF version on my secure cloud, just in case.

Could I just keep the digital copy on my phone and not carry a paper copy and be in compliance? Only reason is to reduce clutter in range bag and increase personal identification security.
When their website was accepting applications for Form 1s, they only emailed/posted a PDF of the approved form. So, that would lead me to believe that it is acceptable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom