How Far Can The Pokes Go

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty bad. The targeting call was total BS but then OSU defense stepped up to make the stop.

That targeting call was textbook targeting. That hit was why they wrote the rule.

It was a bad break for oSu but it was absolutely the correct call. Can’t hit someone like that anymore. Have to tackle with your head up. Face mask to face mask. You put the top of your hat on someone’s face mask and you’re gonna watch the next several quarters with it in your hand from the sidelines.

Good call. Back break.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
We were down to our 3 and 4th string freshman corner backs. Who played pretty well 2nd half. Our regular center was out, and then the targeting call, got rid of our 2nd team linebacker. Overall, Pokes won with a lot of players out. TCU will be a test, but they had to out score Kansas to win. Our defense, I doubt, will let that happen. And K-State finally beat Iowa State 10 to 9. I really thought that K-state would be a very tough out this year, but I'm liking out chances more now. Ewers at Texas is actually pretty good. Texas game could be nip and tuck. And the game with OU is never easy. We've got to get our run game going early and often. Dom runs hard, but he does need to get better at making people miss. I like our chances at the Big12 championship game, but I could believe that whatever teams finally wind up there will have a few loses. The league has a lot parity this year.
Those high snaps kept scaring me yesterday.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Close game today and a good win. TCU game next week will be a challenge. Can they avoid the great Poke Choke and make it all the way this year? I’m sure some disappointed Sooner fans will chime in with their thoughts. I hope they get it done this year.
The sad part is it remains to be seen if any BIG 12 team can compete with the SEC in the playoffs. So far that hasn’t panned out to well for the BIG 12. All paths seem to lead to Alabama or Georgia (once again)

icarus_85

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Close game today and a good win. TCU game next week will be a challenge. Can they avoid the great Poke Choke and make it all the way this year? I’m sure some disappointed Sooner fans will chime in with their thoughts. I hope they get it done this year.
One thing for sure, Pokes will have a better season record than the Sooners. It’s the little things in life that make it worth living. 😅😅😅

icarus_85

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The sad part is it remains to be seen if any BIG 12 team can compete with the SEC in the playoffs. So far that hasn’t panned out to well for the BIG 12. All paths seem to lead to Alabama or Georgia (once again)
Why do you think UT and OU are headed to the SEC in 2025? Writing was on the wall. Next 3 years are building toward that end. So I’m not really invested in what OU does this season. But 2023 and 2024 is crucial in their recruiting.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why do you think UT and OU are headed to the SEC in 2025? Writing was on the wall. Next 3 years are building toward that end. So I’m not really invested in what OU does this season. But 2023 and 2024 is crucial in their recruiting.
Seriously if you are taking 49-0 ass whippings from your main and longest standing rival….. you aren’t going to do to well in recruiting regardless of what conference you are in. So I am invested in what OU does this season and next as it effects recruiting. Venables had a much easier recruiting pitch at Clemson when they were in the titel chase and going undefeated. Getting stomped by Texas is not a recruiting tool anyway you slice it, in fact I’d say it would be an anit recruiting tool. And I am not saying we should have beat texas but not even showing up does not look good to new and future recruits (OR FANS!)

Latest posts

Top Bottom