How is this M1 Garand stock worth this price?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_9354.png

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its been refinished, I asked the seller what made this stock so valuable, refuses to give me an answer but says its worth 1,000. Im just curious how so someone educate me.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So people will pay more for a refinished garand stock? I always thought that depreciated their value. I guess that depends on the buyer
Depends on if you're a person looking to resell or personal preference.
I have a 1928 Model 12 Winchester that I refinished and posted pics on here with some telling me I ruined the resale value.
It was a junk wall hanger given to me that was restored to shooting condition and is quite the nice looking shotgun now.
I could care less what the resale value is as I don't sell guns, I buy them. My heirs can figure out all the details.
I kind of suspect the seller may have done the same with a stock on the M1, tried to sell it and found it needed a stock without refinishing to get more money? I don't know, just spit balling.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Grooved rear Handguard clip, lend lease stock. If not sanded & cartouches are there, is definitely worth the price.

However, I doubt the seller even knows what a lend lease stock is. If the scooped clip latch is all he has to claim a LL stock, then no. Prob worth 200-300. Would need more pics to make any kind of serious appraisal.

BTW, A GHS stock with a visible cartouche in that condition is worth the price.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Grooved rear Handguard clip, lend lease stock. If not sanded & cartouches are there, is definitely worth the price.

However, I doubt the seller even knows what a lend lease stock is. If the scooped clip latch is all he has to claim a LL stock, then no. Prob worth 200-300. Would need more pics to make any kind of serious appraisal.

BTW, A GHS stock with a visible cartouche in that condition is worth the price.

Frodawgg is a long-time seller of US milsurp parts, and he’s had some rare items up for auction in the past. I’m pretty sure he knows what he has here; if you do a search on eBay, you’ll find the item with more pics.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Simple

It is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

Apparently it isn't worth that, to you, but someone out there may eventually pay it.

I'm with you, no way I would pay that, being refinished and no historical provenance.