How many Cowboy action shooters we have here? Who is going to Landrun this year?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navy_chief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
navy chief
Is it worth the money to go with a Traylor tuned pistrol or tune it yourself ? I have a dillion 650 and alot of 38spl brass ,so I would go with 38's pistrol and a yellowboy. Is a 4 3/4 a good Lt to go with .

The Taylor tuned guns are very smooth as they are slicked up by cody conagher who is a great gunsmith in the sass realm. I think you would be happier with an Uberti 1873 reproduction tuned rifle in 38 as opposed to the yellowboy 1866 the 73 is alot easier to clean in my opinion.

As far as pistols I really like the 4 3/4 length barrels not too long and not too short. Since you already have the brass and the dillon 650 you are already ahead of the game in that area.

Remember we use lead cast bullets RNFP work the best and you can buy about 1,000 bullets for about $60.

The best piece of advice is you are available we will be shooting this sunday down in Arcadia at the OKC gun club starting at 10:00 am http://www.okcgunclub.org/cowboy/map.html

The other advice I have is take your time getting what you want and slowly buy your stuff if you can afford to buy just one or two quality items a month in 6 months you will have everything you need and not break the bank getting into this sport.

However as you slowly get into the sport and show up for club shoots people will loan you guns and gear to use as you aquire your stuff so dont be afraid and think you have to wait to start shooting that is far from the truth you could start at anytime.

You will want to buy a high quality holster set which generally run $350-500 for the holsters DONT SKIMP ON THESE I cant stress enough about having good leather.

The rifle will run you about $1,000-$1,500 for a good 73 already slicked up. The pistols will run about $900 for the pair for some talyor ubertis but if you look on the sass wire http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showforum=14 people are always selling cowboy gear and guns on the classifieds.

Hope this helps you out

If you let me know you are coming down can make sure to walk you thru some stages and let you send some rounds down range:)

Calamity Jake

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This year marks Land Run #20 I haven't missed one, plan on going this year, it's a hoot, loots of fine people from all over the USA come to shoot, we had an elderly couple come down from Canada for a few years just to shoot this match, should have 220+ shooters for 3 days of fun.
Will have lots of vendors selling there wears.

Latest posts

Top Bottom