How Many of You Can Remember This?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember that song well. I was fortunate to have my own transistor radio back then. My younger brother and I would listen to the Wolfman on the radio every night.

When we lived in the Panhandle (as we did at that time), we would have to wait until late in the day for KOMA to either go directional or increase their power so we could hear them. For the life of me, I could never tell anyone who the DJ's were.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yo, Dennis!!!!

You didn't have radio either?

I never "saw" it either until I saw this YouTube video, but I heard it lots of times on the radio.
Likewise. Zenith tube radio. It's sitting in my workshop waiting for me to find a reason to fix it. The Shadows did several other pieces of music I liked, too.

Bill

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While that's before I was born I know the song well. My Dad was very much a fan of music from the 50s and early to mid 60s. I heard it more times than I can count while growing up.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a 14-year-old at that time, I was paying a lot of attention to music. Yes, I remember the black-and-white tv sessions (Ed Sullivan, etc), and I do remember that particular piece of music, "Apache," along with "Telstar." (My father was an electronics engineer in 1964, and all electric guitar music - and moog-synthesizer, too - really caught our attention).

Latest posts

Top Bottom