How to deal with trespassers on property?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImTheDude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2x4's with nails driven through them are great. Just bury them a little under the sand/dirt. you can even write a nice saying to the violators on the back side of the board. Just place them strategically so that the oil well pumpers don't get into them.

This was my suggestion to my brother, but it'll only work on the cut through he made. If I put anything on the gravel road it'll get the oil guys first.

ImTheDude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Off OP Subject, but still a Fun story, over the weekend, the whole family gathered in Hollis for their Fall Festival. Everyone was at the farm on Friday (I stayed in town tying one on with my buddies) and I wake up to hear about serious gun play and goat theives. Apparently my uncle/cousins put on quite the chase, shooting from trucks, chasing people through the property, random shotgunning... Don't know if you can stake out, but that's how we deal with trespassers.

You ever hit up the hamburger inn in mangum for breakfast?

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You ever hit up the hamburger inn in mangum for breakfast?

I tried to eat sunday dinner in Mangum this weekend, but Pizza Hut was full. Ended up in Altus at what my elderly parents call Mackdonals lol. Normally, the only time I end up in Mangum is when I have to run r-22 out to the United there

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
New a guy that had some "crops" that he didnt want people walking up on. He took braded fishing line and tied nice little hooks on them and tied them off to saplilngs, just like you would for a big ole catfish, except no bait. I imagine that wouldnt be too good on a 4-wheeler either.

FlyGuyGSP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
New a guy that had some "crops" that he didnt want people walking up on. He took braded fishing line and tied nice little hooks on them and tied them off to saplilngs, just like you would for a big ole catfish, except no bait. I imagine that wouldnt be too good on a 4-wheeler either.

You've given some great advice for anyone looking to kill a 12 year old riding a four wheeler.

FlyGuyGSP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son is 7, he won't be riding a 4 wheeler.

My statement wasn't necessarily pertaining to your son but rather anyone who could be on your land. I think it is smart on your part to seek advice on how to handle this situation but unfortunately there is always a tough guy or two who throw out horrible ideas (in jest or otherwise). Any trapper knows that traps are nonselective, that is they can unintentionally catch opossums, hawks, skunks, etc (this is why lethal traps like snares have become so regulated). The same is applicable for boobytraps, they could catch anybody, even if they are guilty of trespassing. As much as I hate trespassers myself, it would be extremely foolish to take heed in advice that places someone in harm's way and could implicate you legally.

Latest posts

Top Bottom