Huge explosion in Beirut

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
300k made homeless by the blast. That’s huge for a city/country that has been trying to forge a path through the difficulties of being stuck between Syria and Israel along with a diverse and often violently opposed demographic make up.

Some hear Lebanon and shallowly think of Hezbollah. There’s a lot more going on there.

True tragedy.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Horrible.

IMG_1315.jpg

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Amazing!. It capsized that ship at the top of the photo.
I didn't catch that at first. That's incredible. Watching what the shock wave was doing to the buildings as it moved outward, I suppose that it's not surprising. I was focused on the lack of surrounding buildings around the center of the blast, and thinking that the death toll I heard last night of 100+ and counting is going to be woefully short.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't catch that at first. That's incredible. Watching what the shock wave was doing to the buildings as it moved outward, I suppose that it's not surprising. I was focused on the lack of surrounding buildings around the center of the blast, and thinking that the death toll I heard last night of 100+ and counting is going to be woefully short.
Most fatalities from artillery and aircraft bombs is from the shock wave vs the explosion.
I drove down streets adjacent to the bombing in OKC days after the bombing of the Murrah building and saw where the shock wave had ricocheted down the street breaking windows on some buildings on one side of the street and not hurting others on the same side. It was a zig sag pattern for a half mile away from the explosion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom