I am buying a Springfield 87A .22lr rifle from a guy at work and wonder if these....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrduke

New to the site!
Reaction score
are any good. It was made in 1938 and seems it good condition. It was his fathers and he has maintain it and barely shot it says 300 or so rounds. Looks good in the pics, seeing it tomorrow in the flesh...Wants a $100 for it. Whatdaya think?

I have the exact same rifle, if its in good to excellent condition its worth whats he is asking for the springfield 87a, the only down is find a scope to fit the weapon.

mrduke

New to the site!
Reaction score
I appreciate all the responses...I am taking it to the range tomorrow to see if it will go bang, hasn't been fired in over 20 years according to the owner...Thought I would run a swap down the bore to see what comes out but can't seem to get the bolt to stay open...Has far as removing the old sight and the info on going left to right when removing, what kind of tool would I need to do this? Should I take it to a gunsmith? I also got some ammo that is somewhat old, says .22lr on it but no grain info..I think I have figured out how to load it. ....

The fireing spring will not allow the chamber to stay open.

Latest posts

Top Bottom