i am gonna start lobbying to get our right to own machineguns back!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda like they did in 1934, that was $200, in today's dollar that would be $3200. If they did do it they would raise the tax so the common man could not afford it anyways as they did in 1934.

I could afford a $3200 stamp for a $1800 rifle a helluva lot easier than I can afford a $200 stamp and a $16,000 rifle.

Opening the registry up to post 86 manufacturing would make a full auto ready lower receiver no more expensive than a current semi once the furor of purchasing died down.

Reaction score
Im pretty sure lots of ppl would back u on this, u should get with the Oklahoma 2nd amendment association. Any other organizations u might could get with also. I whole heartily support pissing off the anti-gun and anti-god libtards😎👍

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Old thread, but I'm down. BTW, don't expect a lot of help from the current NFA-owning crowd. I've mentioned such an effort in threads here before, and gotten comments that seem like they care more about protecting their "investments" than restoration of liberty.

"Shhh...don't stir the pot or they might (take away what little we have, increase the taxes, etc)"

or God forbid, we get it done and suddenly their $20,000 MP5 is worth $1000, lol.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe a WH petition?

I'll start one for repealing the NFA, if someone wants to start one to repeal the Hughes amendment, and we can compare the responses (between us, arfcom, and akfiles, we should be able to get 25k signatures easy).

EDIT: well crap, they upped it to 100k signatures. phooey.

Last edited:

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Old thread, but I'm down. BTW, don't expect a lot of help from the current NFA-owning crowd. I've mentioned such an effort in threads here before, and gotten comments that seem like they care more about protecting their "investments" than restoration of liberty.

"Shhh...don't stir the pot or they might (take away what little we have, increase the taxes, etc)"

or God forbid, we get it done and suddenly their $20,000 MP5 is worth $1000, lol.

Hate to rain on the parade on this one, but every Class III guy I talk to says the opposite. Yeah, it would be a ***** to lose some of the value in our Class III stuff, but the upside would be being able to own other Class III stuff that we can't right now.

Most CIII guys I know are shooters.

I often get folks asking about "investing" in pre-86 machine guns. I always tell 'em "If you are getting into it for an investment, don't get into it. If you are getting into it to shoot, get into it."

The Class III guys that are against a "loss of value" are the investors.

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom