I can't be that bad of a shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lameduck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just sight in your rifle to hit any where from 1 1/2 in low to 2 1/2 in low at 25 yrds. The higher your scope the lower you would want to sight it in at 25 yrds. Just do not exceed the distance between your bore and center of the scope (i.e. if the center of your scope is 3 in above bore do not sight in your gun 3 1/2 or even 3 in low at 25 yrds.) This will probably cause the bullet to be a few inches high at 100 and somewhat close to zero at 200. Play with it from there establish your zero at 200 or 300 whatever you prefer and I bet you will find yourself somewhere between 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 in low at 25yrds depending on scope level.

Bullets do not magically rise and fall during flight they just cross your sight line so you will have two zeros. One is usually around 75 and the other around 250 depending on your caliber and level of your scope above the bore.

(Sorry to repeat I go tired of reading everything by page two)

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I started to chime in with the answer. but reading this thread made my head hurt to much. I think you all been smokin' some weird sh*T!

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again, calm down. I meant it in a practical sense...

The conclusion is that the OP did not zero at 25 yards (likely closer) or shot his target farther than 75.

//thread

[Broken External Image]

Nice graphic. I hope everyone who reads this thread believes now that bullets do not rise. They seem to, but it's relative to the line of sight through the scope.

Latest posts

Top Bottom