I can't be that bad of a shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Why is ridiculous? It is an AR platform Everything I read they average 2.5" from bore to line of sight. If the OP would measure from the center of the bore to the center of the scope it would clear this issue up. If it is in fact 2.5-3" then my numbers are correct. And I have verified the calculations by the calculator I've posted above by another less functional calculator on Hornady's website.

I don't mind that you guys don't agree with me, but how about facts and numbers instead of conjecture?

It's 2.5" from bore to line of site. Looking at the target now, if I was aiming at the bottom red dot, I have 4 shots 7.5 inches high.

How cheap is a "cheap, cheap" scope?

I got it with one of those accessory packs for an SKS from cheaper than dirt, top cover, stripper clips, scope and manual for I think $30. Cheap scope.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's 2.5" from bore to line of site. Looking at the target now, if I was aiming at the bottom red dot, I have 4 shots 7.5 inches high.

I got it with one of those accessory packs for an SKS from cheaper than dirt, top cover, stripper clips, scope and manual for I think $30. Cheap scope.

You probably zeroed at about 20 yards and were shooting at a little over 75 yards. That would equate to 7.5" high approximately.

Latest posts

Top Bottom