I have questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boomer7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's obvious you all do not want intelligent discourse. Who are you supposed to be, John Wayne? He's gone. Why not an avatar like Jude Law or Brad Pitt? I'll leave. You're probably a religious nut anyway.

Please don't go! STick around so you can be educated as the appropriate terms. We in the gun community appreciate all who want to learn and train. After all the ownership of firearms carries with it a great deal of responsibility. This responsibility requires proper education as to the safe handling and operation of such firearms. The selected use for one and why they are important. Along the way we can also discuss the difference between a right and privilege as well as history. This would include American history and how the 2nd Amendment relates to and protects all the others. You may also get a lesson in what happens when tyrannical governments and dictators leave their citizens defenseless.

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
All right everyone, calm down, let's have a polite and honest discussion with this person who asked nicely. Obviously this person is not familiar with firearms and now is a great time to answer the questions in an intelligent manner.

One of the reasons is that some of us who live way out in the country do not have the luxury of a policeman 50 ft from our location at any given time. I've called the county sheriff and sometimes 1-2hrs is a fast response. So for the protection of my family, I want the best. I have a 4 yr old granddaughter and I will not take chances with her safety! There are bad people out there, city & country, and it is up to us to protect ourselves as has been show several times in the recent past on TV. We take the responsibility of our protection very seriously.

Also, my family raised cattle, and I carry a 30rnd magazine in my AR for the purpose of protecting my cattle from coyotes. Have you ever see a pack of 10-15 coyotes or wild dogs (dumped by city folk that don't/won't take care of them, so out to the country they come to dump their unwanted dogs.) attack a birthing cow. It's not pretty and being able to get more rounds on target is less of them to come back the next night.

And lastly, please realize that the legal gun owners of America share your grief at what happened to those poor children and any victim of violence. But please rest assured that despite what the media is putting out there lately, not all owners of firearms are blood thirsty goons just waiting to shoot someone. I've been in the military since 1978 and thank God I have never had to point a weapon at another human being, and I hope I never do. But I will not cower in a corner of my house and watch unspeakable acts be done to my family while I wait for law enforcement personnel arrive who knows when. I want and will be as armed as the attackers plan to be, in fact I want to have the advantage.

I would ask that if you are seriously wanting answers, not just throwing out hateful comments, please reply and lets discuss this situation. Maybe if folks could calmly sit down and do this, we could come up with answers that would satisfy both sides.

Last edited:

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Liberalism is a mental disease...
I think you're infected...

I have a right to own a 30 round semi-auto rifle to defend myself against an oppressive and malicious State. The State can apply a vast amount of force on the average person. If the States improperly apply this force, the people WILL have the right to respond with equal force.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys make phone of Festivus how is that different?

Because it's not a real holiday. It is something made up to demean our Judeo-Christian heritage. It is purposefully disrespectful. You don't have to believe in Jesus to believe that He laid down a good way to live. Why trash that? For what? A few laughs?

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome to OSA, GetSerious! If you would like to engage in an honest conversation concerning to right to firearms, we welcome that here. Be sure and bring your A game though!

Latest posts

Top Bottom