I just had this weird feeling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you think it may be the way the Glock trigger feels a little different than a DA/SA gun like your Beretta?

Man, the DA/SA is something i tried very hard to like. I think its the dissimilarity between DA vs SA that messes with my head.
I hear that glock triggers are bad, but I much prefer them over DA/SA. I can hear and feel the reset, and actually using the reset greatly improved my accuracy with glocks.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a G17 2 months ago and I really want to love it but I cant be consistently accurate with it to save my life and its frustrating to no end. I've put new sights on it and dryfired it alot but to no avail thus far. Im waiting for the day it "clicks" and I shoot better with it but until then Ill use my Beretta for future run n guns.

I have the same problem with my 17. I've found the death grip with my strong hand had to be relaxed and more pressure applied with my weak hand. It naturally tend to shoot Glocks to the left about 1" at 10-15 yards. That brought POI it back to POA for me. All the practicing and throwing money down range was a waste until I modified my grip. An hour of a good instructors time might be a good investment. It was for me. I couldn't understand how I could blow the center out of something with my P226 but struggled so much with a Glock.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the same problem with my 17. I've found the death grip with my strong hand had to be relaxed and more pressure applied with my weak hand. It naturally tend to shoot Glocks to the left about 1" at 10-15 yards. That brought POI it back to POA for me. All the practicing and throwing money down range was a waste until I modified my grip. An hour of a good instructors time might be a good investment. It was for me. I couldn't understand how I could blow the center out of something with my P226 but struggled so much with a Glock.
Actually that's what I intend to do when I quit working out of town. A buddy recommended going to 2A.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting. I shoot my G26 as well as I do a 1911 (or any SA) pistol...but I am accustomed to using the Glock's trigger and what I feel is a positive reset. My G26 has a 4.5 lb trigger and my G43 has a 6.0 lb trigger pull. I can physically feel the difference quite clearly when shooting, but it doesn't seem to bother me. I like the wall I feel with a Glock; then a bit more squeeze and gun go bang.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually that's what I intend to do when I quit working out of town. A buddy recommended going to 2A.

If I may so humbly advise without some of the peanut gallery going nuts. I don't know what 2a offers currently, I do know those guys like Eric and Mike are top notch but I will say that a 2-3 day class from TDSA or the like (not sure whom is out at USSA anymore?) will do wonders on just about any platform. It's a significant investment for sure, but you carry that knowledge from there on out and it's invaluable IMO.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Do you have a recommendation for someone? A good instructor who can identify the issue and help out?

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I may so humbly advise without some of the peanut gallery going nuts. I don't know what 2a offers currently, I do know those guys like Eric and Mike are top notch but I will say that a 2-3 day class from TDSA or the like (not sure whom is out at USSA anymore?) will do wonders on just about any platform. It's a significant investment for sure, but you carry that knowledge from there on out and it's invaluable IMO.
Anyone who thinks quality training is a bad idea or not worth the money and effort is only screwing themselves, and is probably a danger to those around them.
Do you have a recommendation for someone? A good instructor who can identify the issue and help out?
See Will Andrews at H&H for someone local and convenient.

Latest posts

Top Bottom