I just had this weird feeling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glocks are great pistols but the handles are just too damn big for me and my womanish hands. I am a CZ guy these days and dont see an end in sight. As for all you 1911ers for a combat weapon...one would be a fool to choose a 1911 over a glock. 1911s will always have the best triggers and win the beauty contests and be more accurate at "hunting range"...but mag capacity alone makes it an inferior weapon, among other things.

Targets...1911
Bad guys...glock or other

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glocks are great pistols but the handles are just too damn big for me and my womanish hands. I am a CZ guy these days and dont see an end in sight. As for all you 1911ers for a combat weapon...one would be a fool to choose a 1911 over a glock. 1911s will always have the best triggers and win the beauty contests and be more accurate at "hunting range"...but mag capacity alone makes it an inferior weapon, among other things.

Targets...1911
Bad guys...glock or other

Right, because a 1911 never made it through several wars or anything LOL.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right, because they had glocks back then and just chose the 1911 over them for military use LOL.

That's not the point as the Gecko 45 comment you made is laughable as the 1911 has a significantly longer service history in wars and conflicts than glock.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I apologize for relaying a little reality to those that know so much about "combat weapons." My local mall will just have to be that much more unsafe in your opinion I guess?
you throw out the fact that the 1911 was in service for longer than glock, but who cares? What about TODAY, NOW? You completely overlook the most obvious point that the 1911's and hi powers of yesteryear have been outperformed by modern and better guns for the job.

you know if you look back, the sword has a significantly longer service history than the firearm...and im using this to support the argument that swords are better combat weapons than guns :screwy: unbelievable.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Obsolete is subjective as not everyone here is operating in a war on a daily basis.

The only subjective part is the users mind. everything else is secondary. All things being equal, more rounds between mag changes, less complexity, better than acceptable accuracy for combat and reliability win out every time.
The person makes the difference, and this argument will continue forever because few want to accept that premise.

Latest posts

Top Bottom