I just had this weird feeling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is little question in my mind that there is no real competition to the Glock pistol when it comes to all around reliability, price, functioning, aftermarket support, etc. So get rid of those sissy pistols and get yourself a Glock.

Sent from my iPhone

I've graduated from glocks, after owning several. There are just too many other choices out there that are just as good if not better. Sig P320, H&K VP9 and FN FNS9 are all a step above a Glock IMO. Glock edges them out in the aftermarket, but mainly due to the fact that their sights and trigger suck. A huge number of Glocks are modded for those reasons, along with changing grip texture etc.

Wouldn't hurt Glock to get with the times and put a halfway decent trigger, sights and maybe a grip with better ergos.

somarsmi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Glock to me is the perfect pistol... I have sold a couple of 1200$ pistols when I realized they were not as valuable as my Glock 22.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've graduated from glocks, after owning several. There are just too many other choices out there that are just as good if not better. Sig P320, H&K VP9 and FN FNS9 are all a step above a Glock IMO. Glock edges them out in the aftermarket, but mainly due to the fact that their sights and trigger suck. A huge number of Glocks are modded for those reasons, along with changing grip texture etc.

Wouldn't hurt Glock to get with the times and put a halfway decent trigger, sights and maybe a grip with better ergos.

I thought I had graduated from Glocks too then I realized there really isn't a better choice for a self defense gun. True, a lot of folks do modify their Glock, but probably not as much as with 1911's. I like 1911's a lot too, but find they are better suited as a range gun, especially when compared with the superiority of the Glock pistol.

Sent from my iPhone

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Second, Glock warranty is void if you shoot reloads or lead loaded ammo in it!!!!
All manufacturers will void the warranty if you tell them you shot reloads.
No major manufacturer of ammo offers lead bullets for autos. Only reloaders and remanufacturers. to my knowledge.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought I had graduated from Glocks too then I realized there really isn't a better choice for a self defense gun. True, a lot of folks do modify their Glock, but probably not as much as with 1911's.
Sent from my iPhone

Not for me, when my 3rd gen G22 had issues with a WML, it had to go. Had two large frame glocks with the RTFB issues not soon after that. I will say that in 9mm, they seem to have no issues, well they seem to have fixed the 9mm 4th gen issues. Couldn't trust the small framed .380s as there were too many people complaining about them too. The mag issue people are having with the G43 seems minor and can be fixed with a dremel.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
here is new ammo that is lead for the 45acp.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/16...munition-45-acp-200-grain-lead-semi-wadcutter.

And Savage does not warranty guns where reloads were shot in them either.
That is what the paperwork stated that was in the box with my Savage 10fp .308 rifle.
I broke the extractor on my Mossberg 100atr 30-06

I Emailed Mossberg and told them I broke my extractor, I told them it was my fault I was experimenting with loads and stepped up the charge too much and stuck the bolt and had to hammer it open.
I would like the part number for the pieces so I could purchase them, as I love the gun and the accuracy from it.

E mail was replied to.. Please send the serial number of your 30-06 and your name and address.
2 days later in the mail I had 2 extractors and springs and check balls. NO CHARGE. They never told me they were sending the parts.

I Emailed the guy back and thanked him and stated he rocked!
I wonder if they void warranty with reloads.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not for me, when my 3rd gen G22 had issues with a WML, it had to go. Had two large frame glocks with the RTFB issues not soon after that. I will say that in 9mm, they seem to have no issues, well they seem to have fixed the 9mm 4th gen issues. Couldn't trust the small framed .380s as there were too many people complaining about them too. The mag issue people are having with the G43 seems minor and can be fixed with a dremel.

Isn't it cool we have choices? (And dremels. And duct tape).

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can only resist the darkness for so long before it consumes you. Embrace it. I know I fought it for years but now I'm a believer. You will be assimilated.

This is pretty much how I feel about it. I finally shot them enough other things felt strange. I feel dirty now. LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom