I just had this weird feeling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
why no Glock?

I have a hipoint 45acp and it is all USA made with USA parts.
I like big heavy guns and looked at a Glock for the first time on line because of this thread. The G41 looks like something I could like.

How is Glock warranty.
How is the 1911 Better .. What brand 1911 would you get?
And how is the warranty with that brand.

Does one shoot more accurate than the other speaking of 1911vs Glock how about wear.. which one wears less or last's longer.

On accuracy I am talking Hunting range accuracy 25+ yards Is there a significant difference between the 2 types of pistols.

What about jamming, is one more jam prone than the other..

I just want to understand what the big differences are? Thanks.

OH i Got a Ruger Blackhawk New Model in 45 colt and did this because it was a good deal and thought Ruger Name meant quality.
WRONG! I do not want any more Rugers after the measuring of this gun and the ..never mind..Ruger for sale :)

Calamity Jake

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
why no Glock?

I have a hipoint 45acp and it is all USA made with USA parts.
I like big heavy guns and looked at a Glock for the first time on line because of this thread. The G41 looks like something I could like.

How is Glock warranty.
How is the 1911 Better .. What brand 1911 would you get?
And how is the warranty with that brand.

Does one shoot more accurate than the other speaking of 1911vs Glock how about wear.. which one wears less or last's longer.

On accuracy I am talking Hunting range accuracy 25+ yards Is there a significant difference between the 2 types of pistols.

What about jamming, is one more jam prone than the other..

I just want to understand what the big differences are? Thanks.

OH i Got a Ruger Blackhawk New Model in 45 colt and did this because it was a good deal and thought Ruger Name meant quality.
WRONG! I do not want any more Rugers after the measuring of this gun and the ..never mind..Ruger for sale :)

First off the grip angle is wrong....for me anyway....makes me shoot low.
Second, Glock warranty is void if you shoot reloads or lead loaded ammo in it!!!!
Third, you won't see a Glock in a bullseye pistol match, the not accurate enough for the serious shooter.
As far as jams go there about equal in my book, it's mostly about the quality of the ammo anyway, good ammo and they both shoot good,
bad ammo and they malfunction.

As far as Rugers go I have 15, all hand guns but 1, a 1022, all older models. Would I buy a new one? NOOOOO
there quality had been bad for a number of years now.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I been looking for a glock 23 for about 2 years now and just cant find one in the price range i want to give just to have so i can say i have owned and shot one to see if i would like them or not im not one to go around bad mouthing something i havent tried myself.
warning dont send your blackhawk back to ruger for anything cause it wont come back in the same shape you sent it i know first hand sent mine in without a scratch and it came back with scratches all over it and all i wanted them to do was check the timing on a cylinder since the cylinder numbers didnt match the gun.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Second, Glock warranty is void if you shoot reloads or lead loaded ammo in it!!!!
Third, you won't see a Glock in a bullseye pistol match, the not accurate enough for the serious shooter.
As far as jams go there about equal in my book, it's mostly about the quality of the ammo anyway, good ammo and they both shoot good,

As far as Rugers go I have 15, all hand guns but 1, a 1022, all older models. Would I buy a new one? NOOOOO

can't comment on grip angle. It's perfect for me. If your not sure about it, you can hold one for free in any store.
next, the gen4's have exchangeable backstraps which helps "customize" the grip. Of course this is after 3 generations of no customization (with the exception of SF models). win.

I don't think any Glock owner will honestly tell you that it is more accurate than a really high end 1911, or that it is more reliable. BUT, if you compare it to a 1911 in the same price range ($450-$600)....you'll come up with the short end of the stick with the 1911.
I don't mean to say they are not accurate, they are more accurate than most shooters. Accurate enough for hunting? HELL YEA. Research hunting with a G20 (some use a aftermarket 6inch barrel but not necessarily) but the G40 that is due to release this year with have a stock 6 inch barrel. There are MANY reports of deer and hog killed with G20's.

Will you be able to make a 50 yard shot? I think that depends on you, not the gun. I think this bears repeating, for most enthusiasts, the Glock is more accurate than the shooter. Notice that Calamity mentioned only Bullseye competitions. What about other competitions? I saw lots of Glocks at the Run n Gun (my personal experience with shooting competitions).

Now, the warranty issue... yeah their statement sucks, but how will they ever know you were shooting reloads unless you provide a case?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I been looking for a glock 23 for about 2 years now and just cant find one in the price range i want to give just to have so i can say i have owned and shot one to see if i would like them or not im not one to go around bad mouthing something i havent tried myself.
warning dont send your blackhawk back to ruger for anything cause it wont come back in the same shape you sent it i know first hand sent mine in without a scratch and it came back with scratches all over it and all i wanted them to do was check the timing on a cylinder since the cylinder numbers didnt match the gun.

punctuation.png

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Aw, come on! What's with this so called grip angle noise I hear about? In response: First; "grip angle" doesn't make a shooter shoot low; improper sight picture and trigger control does though. Second; who's gonna send a Glock in for warranty work cause it has problems with reloads? Uh... Not me. Third; Glocks aren't bullseye pistols any more than an M&P or other striker fired gun is. And as far as this thing called "jams"... Uh... More than likely it is a magazine problem than bad ammo. I have seen a couple, only a couple, of ammo related problems with a Glock; one FTE using WWB 230 gr FMJ in a G36 I owned and one squib in a buddy's G23 using someone else's reloads. But in general I say Glock mags are pretty darn solid units. I have had one G36 mag with a follower problem, more than likely it was an old dirty well used mag. I have been shooting Glocks for 20 years. There is little question in my mind that there is no real competition to the Glock pistol when it comes to all around reliability, price, functioning, aftermarket support, etc. So get rid of those sissy pistols and get yourself a Glock.

Sent from my iPhone

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can only resist the darkness for so long before it consumes you. Embrace it. I know I fought it for years but now I'm a believer. You will be assimilated.

Latest posts

Top Bottom