• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

I Need a Bookcase or Two

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I need a large bookcase or two narrow bookcases to put in an area 76" wide. I need adjustable shelves and made of solid wood. I don't trust flakeboard to hold the weight of some heavy books I have. 6 to 7 foot tall would be fine.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a large bookcase or two narrow bookcases to put in an area 76" wide. I need adjustable shelves and made of solid wood. I don't trust flakeboard to hold the weight of some heavy books I have. 6 to 7 foot tall would be fine.
If you find some, share the source, please? I have a few books I need shelving for, myself. My chipboard shelves finally gave up the ghost recently. The metal shelving in the photo is currently holding something between 1/4 to 1/3 of my technical books. We lost 40 book cartons the year after we moved here, to flooding of the back porch... Still haven't replaced much of the lost fiction. I have considered building my own. But I'm more wood butcher than wood worker... I still have portions of my first attempt. It was designed to hold standard paperbacks, but I ran afoul of the fence post problem. I keep the pieces to remind myself... doesn't help that wood seems to get dearer as time goes by...

Attachments

• 20240805_100552.jpg
    20240805_100552.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First thing I used to ask when people would ask for our help moving.

Do you have books?

Reason is my oldest Daughter is a Librarian and we have helped move her 4 times! The damn books are worse than moving my shop!
Only people who have books are worth helping move. :rubhands:

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
First thing I used to ask when people would ask for our help moving.

Do you have books?

Reason is my oldest Daughter is a Librarian and we have helped move her 4 times! The damn books are worse than moving my shop!
I helped a friend of mine move 3 times in less than 2 years. On the third time I told him that if he ever needs help moving again, I refuse to move his books or his bed. Both of them are insanely freaking heavy and the bed (headboard alone) is cumbersome as all get out to try to carry.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Got rid of most of my books since I have rebought them in eBook format. Much easier to carry a memory card. I'm aware that rights can be lost and purchases along with it for stuff stored in the cloud, but I download most of my books through a third party website. You can also download and crack the kindle stuff. For the folks that have trouble reading on a screen, try inverting it to where the background is black and the text is white. Much easier on the eyes that way. Sorry I can't be of much help to the OP, I checked and the book cases I bought are no longer available.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got rid of most of my books since I have rebought them in eBook format. Much easier to carry a memory card. I'm aware that rights can be lost and purchases along with it for stuff stored in the cloud, but I download most of my books through a third party website. You can also download and crack the kindle stuff. For the folks that have trouble reading on a screen, try inverting it to where the background is black and the text is white. Much easier on the eyes that way. Sorry I can't be of much help to the OP, I checked and the book cases I bought are no longer available.
I've got more stuff in digital form than not, but not everything I have is digital. And if the lights go out for any length of time ove a day, I may need the dead-tree copies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom