I Reported a Company safety issue to DOT and am now on Suspension

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I called my local DOT branch regarding a safety/HOS issue. The guy gave me his e-mail so I could send him details. When I got back to the yard, I was called into the office and they said that "somebody" called DOT and reported xyz safety/hos issue. "We are not saying it was you..." Right.
So what was the guy thinking? 1. Calling the company before I'd e-mailed the details. 2. Specifying the allegation and throwing me under the bus.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
only in Oklahoma would your company be arrogant enough to suspend you for that. To bad for you... we have gutless labor laws and a state system that won't stand up for the working man (or woman).

Hire a labor lawyer... you will need it.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several questions. One, are you suspended with or without pay? Two, what reason did they give you? Three, What time frame did they give you? Four Did they say if it was pending an investigation or just punishment? If you can, get it in writing... The answers to these question could become very important in the future. Get online and read about the whistleblowers act and see what pertains to you.

Last edited:

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. Trucking. During the phonecon, I advised the guy that this was confidential and likely subject to whistleblower protection under the surface transportation act. I guess I call the branch office tomorrow and see who want's to talk about this before official complaints get started.

Latest posts

Top Bottom