I think id like to try a steel shoot have a few ?'s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cearven1987

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i've been looking into the steel shoots around tulsa area and think it is something i would like to try. im not a real big pistol shooter and ive never shot competitively so i figured it would be cheaper to try rimfire first to make sure it is something i will enjoy. i was thinking i would try a ruger mk3 with a burris fastfire and some sort of 22 rifle. i dont plan on going out there and winning my first match but would like to be at least competitive. what exactly will i need to get and to do before my first shoot?

Rob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just bring a bag to put your pistol in, magazines (you will shoot each stage 5 times but if you don't have enough mags someone will load the ones you have while you shoot) . The trick is to go one for one on the steel as fast as you can, sounds easy does'nt it ? Really it's alot of fun, the next one is at Oil Capital on the 26 of this month, then USSA will have their match on the 2 of April

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yea it sounds fun would they just let me go out there and watch it will prolly take me a month or so to get a gun and everything

I bet you can find someone to let you try there gun or guns for the first match so you don't have to hang out with the wives and girlfriends while you watch. If I was there I'd for sure let you shoot mine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom