Identify That Engine Block

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnltrading

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no 383 block,383 uses a 400 block.It would have a 2 piece main seal since they ceased production of 400's prior to going to one piece seal.I'm sure there is casting number reference sites on the web.

10066036...350...........2 or 4...Target Master/Goodwrench crate motor, 2-piece rear
seal, "Hecho en Mexico"

RWS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i guess they make ready made blocks and parts for em now, but back in the day yes, a 383 stroker was made by boring a 350, .60 over, and using a 400 crank. mine was in a '71 pickup. i was forever tuning, tweaking, workin on, and dumping money in it, mostly carb/fuel problems. i finally got sick of it so one day i called my B.I.L. and told him if he would put me in a stock 350, and do all the work, he could have the stroker. he was at my house with tools like 7 minutes later. best trade i ever made.

in highschool i had a 63 truck with a 250 straight 6 bored .60 over, with a big cam, alum intake, 700 holley, headers,etc. that would scream! the only thing in town i couldnt outrun was my buddy's stroker and he could barely daylight me in a quarter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom