If they come for your guns, do you have a responsibility to fight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WideLoadTimmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As much as people love that "tough guy" image and as much garbage as I'd get for it, I'd turn 'em over. That said, I'd not be living in this country much longer. I'd be seriously looking at where to relocate and my time as an American would be short lived, afterward. I will not stay here. I know other countries have mistreated their citizens, as well. But, in this hypothetical case, this is the country that would be wronging me and I wouldn't stay. I've read the Czech Republic is good to gun-owners. That's not to say the person taking them wouldn't get an earful of the worst language I can give them. I know there are people who love me and would like to keep me around and I have things I want to accomplish that wouldn't be well served by "Martyrdom" (you sound like Islamic Extremists, by the way, and you're not helping the cause). I've been put in a situation and I reacted with fight. It wasn't what most people think but I was accosted by an inebriated man with a screwdriver. But I don't think that is the time or place. If we go there, there's no coming back. If the first Civil War didn't destroy this country, another one certainly would.

Last edited:

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As much as people love that "tough guy" image and as much garbage as I'd get for it, I'd turn 'em over. That said, I'd not be living in this country much longer. I'd be seriously looking at where to relocate and my time as an American would be short lived, afterward. I will not stay here. I know other countries have mistreated their citizens, as well. But, in this hypothetical case, this is the country that would be wronging me and I wouldn't stay. I've read the Czech Republic is good to gun-owners.

Sounds like a hassle to relearn actual world history... Not just what has been indoctrinated into school texts

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they come to your door for your guns - this is a frequently tossed out question, but one that is a bit more complicated to answer. Many things to consider:

1. How many of them are there? If you are 15-to-1, it doesnt make sense to make a last stand where you can not do any good to the cause. It may be better to live to fight another day where progress can be made.
2. What if they come to your door and you are presently unarmed, as you were relaxing in your own home? You do not have time to get a whole arsenal ready before they can over run you.
3. If only 2-3 are there, and you can fight them off/kill them, what next? Obviously you have to bug out immediately, because they will return with a greater force to crush someone who did stand up to them.

The scenario also begs the question of why you were just sitting at home waiting for them to come at take your guns. Its highly likely that you should have picked up on some clues that such confiscations were getting ready to occur.

Also in response to the post that said what about your duty to your family and kids, what is this duty more specifically? If your sole duty is just to keep them physically alive, but enslaved to a tyrannical government then yes, I guess roll over. But what if that duty to them is to try and provide them with a future of freedom, where they can set their own destiny based on their free will. How you define that duty to them will dictate how you act.

WideLoadTimmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like a hassle to relearn actual world history... Not just what has been indoctrinated into school texts

I added to it. I know that I wouldn't be the first MFer to get screwed by any country but I like European cars and if they take muh guns, I'ma go to where I can get cooler cars. And I'm a high school dropout (I did get my GED). No school texts here. Anything I learn is what I find for myself.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
JMO, but I think your responsibility is to remain in the game at all costs. How you do that is up to you. LKately I've been saying that the revolution won't come when they come to take the guns. It will be after some egregious violation of civil rights down the road and people with forethought will be digging up tubes to facilitate their response. YMMV

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they come to your door for your guns - this is a frequently tossed out question, but one that is a bit more complicated to answer. Many things to consider:

1. How many of them are there? If you are 15-to-1, it doesnt make sense to make a last stand where you can not do any good to the cause. It may be better to live to fight another day where progress can be made.
2. What if they come to your door and you are presently unarmed, as you were relaxing in your own home? You do not have time to get a whole arsenal ready before they can over run you.
3. If only 2-3 are there, and you can fight them off/kill them, what next? Obviously you have to bug out immediately, because they will return with a greater force to crush someone who did stand up to them.

The scenario also begs the question of why you were just sitting at home waiting for them to come at take your guns. Its highly likely that you should have picked up on some clues that such confiscations were getting ready to occur.

Also in response to the post that said what about your duty to your family and kids, what is this duty more specifically? If your sole duty is just to keep them physically alive, but enslaved to a tyrannical government then yes, I guess roll over. But what if that duty to them is to try and provide them with a future of freedom, where they can set their own destiny based on their free will. How you define that duty to them will dictate how you act.

I'll PM my address so you can write me from GitMo

Latest posts

Top Bottom