If they come for your guns, do you have a responsibility to fight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a real hard time with all of this. Being military trained, I have a family (wife,kids), safety of my family is the most important for me. I would definitely fight, with that said I hope I had ample time to know it was coming to form a posse of like minded people to include families. If I was surprised well who knows...

WideLoadTimmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they outlaw guns, then it would fall into overt total 100% tyranny, they would not allow you to move anywhere, much less out of the country.

You would be stuck like chuck (No offence Chuck)

Not something specified in the original post but that would be a different ball game, entirely. No one will restrict my movements or my ability to seek happiness without huge fight. That's part of what started the whole "Revolution" thing, to begin with. Tyranny. But giving your life because someone tries to take your guns when there are other places to get them seems a little much. And someone else pointed out that there would be warning signs not to be ignored. I've already been looking.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who would do the disarming? Would it be voluntary? Would it be local law enforcement? Would it be agents of the new world order? I think it would be the latter.
Im not going to publicly state hostility toward anybody at this point.

WideLoadTimmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, I am sorry, everything has to be specified for you? My bad.

Don't treat me like a lemming, dude. I responded on the info given just like you would respond to a situation with the facts and tools at hand.. I choose not to theorize too much because this sort of thing happens. The fact remains that if they attempt to visit harm on me, they've no idea the fight they're in for but if they come peacefully, I've no quarrel with them and I can find someplace more to my liking. "Don't tread on me." means exactly that. If I'm not attacked, I see no reason for anything other than words. I will fight this battle the way I'm already fighting it. I'm joining the NRA and emailing my congressmen almost daily.

cbolt01

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As much as people love that "tough guy" image and as much garbage as I'd get for it, I'd turn 'em over. That said, I'd not be living in this country much longer. I'd be seriously looking at where to relocate and my time as an American would be short lived, afterward. I will not stay here. I know other countries have mistreated their citizens, as well. But, in this hypothetical case, this is the country that would be wronging me and I wouldn't stay. I've read the Czech Republic is good to gun-owners. That's not to say the person taking them wouldn't get an earful of the worst language I can give them. I know there are people who love me and would like to keep me around and I have things I want to accomplish that wouldn't be well served by "Martyrdom" (you sound like Islamic Extremists, by the way, and you're not helping the cause). I've been put in a situation and I reacted with fight. It wasn't what most people think but I was accosted by an inebriated man with a screwdriver. But I don't think that is the time or place. If we go there, there's no coming back. If the first Civil War didn't destroy this country, another one certainly would.

You do not deserve the right to enjoy the freedom so many have fought and died for in this country. Freedom is not free. If you are not willing to do your part we don't need you. Enjoy the Czech Republic.

WideLoadTimmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You do not deserve the right to enjoy the freedom so many have fought and died for in this country. Freedom is not free. If you are not willing to do your part we don't need you. Enjoy the Czech Republic.

How dare you? I didn't say I wouldn't fight should the time call for it. This is not one of those times and I am already active in trying to prevent my rights from being infringed upon. But in the fight I'm currently fighting, I'm required to conduct myself in a certain fashion. Are you helping in this at all or are you just spewing on a forum like so many other armchair Pattons? My choice to leave would be simply to deny the government a "subject". I will not be subjugated. But I don't go looking for fights, either. If they try to keep me, there are consequences but if no violence is required, none will be used.

EDIT: I also have the utmost respect for our armed forces. I don't begrudge them anything and i think they deserve better than what the gov't gives them. But what you all would do would drag them into it and make them choose, oath or family. They have an oath to protect this nation from threats both foreign and domestic. You would be that domestic threat.

And who are you to say what I deserve? That makes you no different than the federal government.

Latest posts

Top Bottom