If they come for your guns, do you have a responsibility to fight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A man is not a pansy because he doesn't choose to throw his life away unnecessarily and that is exactly what it seems like you expect people to do.

Like a few others have pointed out in their own way:

Until you've stood weapon in hand facing down others with the will and means to kill you and those around you, you have no way of knowing how you will behave. All the brave talk, posturing, moral pontification and emotional appeals to one's manhood isn't going to change that.

Reddog: I don't know you from Adam. Maybe you've been there and done that and can say that you'd go to war with a squad of JBT's who want your guns and do it with no regrets. Leave behind loved ones who depend on you with no regrets basking in your moral righteousness that you went down fighting. Proud that your son or daughter will have no one to teach them the things you believe, no one to teach them how to fight when necessary and to retreat when appropriat.

If fighting a battle that is lost before it even begins serves a valid, useful purpose then by all means stand up and fight and die.

But be assured that it won't be guys who throw their lives away to no purpose that will win the war that you want so much to fight. It'll be the thoughtful guys that fight to win when they can win, the guys that retreat so they can fight another day when they can win. those are the guys that will be remembered not the guys spouting moral platitudes and throwing away their lives unnecessarily.

Like I said: I don't know you from adam. Maybe you're a true believer who's been there and done that or maybe you're just compensating. Don't know. Don't care.

Either way: Welcome to my ignore list.

You obviously care.

They best bring a sack lunch.

Sorry, I dont like your ignore list.

fluxed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HANG ON! Dont think for a minute that once they disarm us, that will be it and they will just go away. No Sirs, they will start right in with new rules and regulations. Finance, travel, and everything you can think up and some you cant. Once disarmed, you are a subject and no longer a citizen. Once you kill off the second amendment, the rest will quickly erode.

Lets face it, if this starts, action will be the only hope to keep our rights.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a real hard time with all of this. Being military trained, I have a family (wife,kids), safety of my family is the most important for me. I would definitely fight, with that said I hope I had ample time to know it was coming to form a posse of like minded people to include families. If I was surprised well who knows...

This is how I feel. I am trained and have a wife (no kid). I too would like to join like minded individuals to protect each others rights. And you're right, who knows what would happen if I was caught off guard.

Well said.

cw821

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would think we would know ahead of time that they would come. There would be laws passed and much in the news once it starts. I would think most would lose/hide most of their weapons when it starts. I would probably keep only a cheap .22 and shotgun around when that time comes. When they show up at the door, I'd probably hand them over. Like said before, if they come, they will be ready to shoot too. If I'm dead or running, I can't provide for my family, and more importantly I wouldn't be around when we could actually get an organized movement ready for the fight. Fighting one on one at a time is a sure way they will win that battle.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would think we would know ahead of time that they would come. There would be laws passed and much in the news once it starts. I would think most would lose/hide most of their weapons when it starts. I would probably keep only a cheap .22 and shotgun around when that time comes. When they show up at the door, I'd probably hand them over. Like said before, if they come, they will be ready to shoot too. If I'm dead or running, I can't provide for my family, and more importantly I wouldn't be around when we could actually get an organized movement ready for the fight. Fighting one on one at a time is a sure way they will win that battle.

In this world where even Fox is too soft on POTUS... The news aint covering a dang thing

vicious

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think we in Ok will be fortunate enough to see them coming. I'd hazard a guess that they'd start any level door to door confiscation in the big cities of the more highly populated states. By the time they got out this way there'd be a resistance already formed, and they'd probably not find me at home when they came a knocking.

Des547

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay guys, pitch another log on the fire, cut off a chew and pour a cup of coffee. Relax and think about this. Most of this came from an article I read on the net just a couple of days ago, if I could remember where it was I'd post a link but the gist of the article was this:

There are an estimated 300 million + firearms in the hands of citizens of this country. There are currently an estimated 800 thousand + law enforcement officers, state, fed, game and fish, local on duty. If all of them followed orders to go door to door.............see. What state or city would you start with ? If the military became involved how many of them would obey orders.....I doubt very many. You want to involve the UN and or NATO ? Now you have really pee'd in your corn flakes !!

Confiscation of privately held firearms in the United States will never happen under any sceneario you can conger up with one exception and I think even that would be a stretch, post nuclear war and, nah, on second thought not even then.

Coffee's ready, grab a cup.

Des

Latest posts

Top Bottom