If You Are PLanning To Fill The Gas Tank....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everybody makes bad decisions. It'd just be nice if the oil patch guys weren't being such pu$$ies about it. I'd suggest not taking up farming if one bad year after 15 good ones sends them down the rat hole.

Nosey question. Is your age that's shown correct? How did you get into farming? Family heritage/passed down? I ask because starting up a farm from scratch today is even less feasible than a new oil company or refinery. If that's even possible...

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everybody makes bad decisions. It'd just be nice if the oil patch guys weren't being such pu$$ies about it. I'd suggest not taking up farming if one bad year after 15 good ones sends them down the rat hole.

Soooo the guy that replied earlier about laying off 8, ~ 40K a year guys is being a "pussi" about it. Guess they don't have the luxury of an insurance policy backed by the government to protect their falling prices?

Glass houses galore in this thread.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Soooo the guy that replied earlier about laying off 8, ~ 40K a year guys is being a "pussi" about it. Guess they don't have the luxury of an insurance policy backed by the government to protect their falling prices?

s.quickmeme.com_img_48_48cff087aaf17e0a8f5e1c9fbe68694e7ca5aa460435ad9dd90eaf5740bd9d20.jpg

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nobody plans for the future properly. Younguns in the field spent their money and old folks didn't plan far enough ahead. Where are te old folks going anyway? They're not driving much and probably shouldn't be anyway. Those youngsters dumped more into the local economy than the elderly but screw them for spending money. Big bad oil raised prices because they could, not because demand was high and processing costs money.

News alert little man, old people still drive. They go to the store, church, doctors appointments, visit family, Twin Peaks for lunch, maybe even Florida.

What a moronic comment. My parents are in their 80's and they drove out to see my brother in Florida.

Hopefully when you get to be their age, if you make it that long, you'll be living at the Resthaven Nursing Home. Maybe if your lucky they'll load you up in the van on Tuesday for the trip to Sam's Club so you can get your free sample of Depends.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
News alert little man, old people still drive. They go to the store, church, doctors appointments, visit family, Twin Peaks for lunch, maybe even Florida.

What a moronic comment. My parents are in their 80's and they drove out to see my brother in Florida.

Hopefully when you get to be their age, if you make it that long, you'll be living at the Resthaven Nursing Home. Maybe if your lucky they'll load you up in the van on Tuesday for the trip to Sam's Club so you can get your free sample of Depends.

Did someone say free samples? I'm in.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nosey question. Is your age that's shown correct? How did you get into farming? Family heritage/passed down? I ask because starting up a farm from scratch today is even less feasible than a new oil company or refinery. If that's even possible...

Yep, 4th generation. It is absolutely impossible to start up a farm from scratch. Really pretty damn tough to make it work even with your foot in the door.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Give me commodity prices over the past 15 years that mirrored oil prices and the subsidy wouldn't have to exist.

Guys, I've got many close friends and family that could be affected by continued weakness in the oil field. I don't want to see guys lose their jobs. But it gets real old seeing all the whining and bitching about cheap oil. Many, many people have had to make high energy costs work for a very long time. Now that things have slumped a bit everyone is all chicken little about it. This is temporary. Do what you have to do to get by until the next boom. Don't ***** about the temporary relief that people are enjoying. Like the bitching or rejoicing makes a damn bit of difference anyways.

Latest posts

Top Bottom