If you arent busy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Yeah, once the bidding starts it'll get stupid. Most auctions that I've been to sell for above new prices. Even seen people pay up to 10 dollars for .22 ammo bagged up in lots of 50.
I was at an auction once where an old guy with a pre-teen was bidding a Henry .22 lever action to over $1000 dollars.
I showed him on my phone where he could buy that rifle for 1/3 that price new but he continued to bid. I think it ended up at $1200 or so and he bought it. Told me he told his grandson he wasn’t going home without a gun.
Pure stupid but that’s how auctions for guns go.
It’s written into my will that my collection is to be sold at auction when I croak. The sons can do what they want with the money.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I wonder what the swords went for. I have never seen swords at an auction.

They sold Friday afternoon, after I left. Had Wif with and she was having problems with heat.

There were a lot of them, nothing that caught my eye.

Depending on the group and their interest, could high or really cheap.

Friday about 200 people, maybe 25 were bidders.

Auctioneer said the swords would end Friday and Saturday start with fishing and camping.

75-80 arrived Saturday morning. Auctioneer says they are starting in the house. A couple asked some of the equipment being gone. He said they sold it late Friday. About 20 left. Said fishing would be about 12:30. Another 12-15 left. Didn't come back.

The true bidders were left, but they were interested in specific items and paying top dollar.

cmc tom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to farm auction, advertised Remington mohawk .308. Saw it had a scope and sling. I was the only bidder. $325. The other 12 firearms all went for full retail or more. Closer inspection of the Mohawk, it was a Leopold scope ($550 new). Shoots nice groups. Auctions are fun but definitely hit or miss. Knowledge is essential.

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 91.7%
10   1   1
They had some stupid, an old Savage bolt action, single shot .22LR $650
They had some ridiculous,, Marlin .444Marlin lever $1600
They had some reasonable buys.

I made a purchase, a very lightly used, possibly unfired, Browning Auto-5 12ga Magnum 30" Full.
What auction service was used on the two ridiculous high prices?

Latest posts

Top Bottom