I'm already regretting this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to win bets in high school by eating all my tacos with the extra hot sauce from the sauce bar and no drink. I'd forgo the drink to get another taco. I loved those things with that sauce on there. The flavor of that sauce was sorta like the Fire sauce from TB, but TB's is not as hot. It has a hint of the same spice whatever the hell it is.

A guy I went to school with worked at one and said they made up the all their bar sauces there in the store and the only difference was the amount of pepper seeds in them. They got 3 different mixes from corporate and had to add water as they were concentrated. The premade packets from Taco Tico aren't even close to the same as the bar sauces. I ate at one in Guymon a few years ago and forgot that part. Packets weren't good. lol
Try Carolina reaper from Dave’s famous chicken. First 3 bites were good. Then it hurt. Then it hurt again 6 hours later. I cried, I sweated. My coworker ate two like it was nothing.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try the 1 chip challenge lol
It's painful

View attachment 490980
I'm an absolute wimp when it comes to hot sauce. My dog liked hotter sauces than I can tolerate, and that was when I was in the 10-12YO range. Little sister was eating an apple, and the the dog took it from her and started chewing on it. Dad took it away, and decided to teach Patches a lesson. Slathered the apple with tabasco sauce. Told little sister to just hold it in hand, but not pay any attention to it. Patches stole the apple again, licked all the sauce off it, and than sat up and begged for more.

Years later, my ex-wife and I both made SSgt (USAF) on the same day. We had a big party! My best friend from high school was always boasting about how hot he liked his spices and peppers. Bragged about eating Thai Ghost peppers, which were about the hottest thing available then. So I made some chip dip mentioned in one of John D. MacDonald's Travis McGee stories, attributed to Trav's friend Meyer: Dry Chinese mustard moistened to the consistency of a dip with Tabasco sauce. I put a big bowl of it on the chip table, with warning sign and a couple of fire extinguishers. Ward grabbed a big ole chip full of that dip and shoveled it down... Then about started breathing flames, and grabbing for something to drink. Had keg of Lowenbrau Dark, and he wound up drinking most of it. Spent the next couple of days in full-throttle afterburner! :laugh6:

I have no idea how that compares but it shut him up! Me, I can just barely stand to have a bit of jalapeno pepper in my Sonic breakfast burritos. Just ONE bit.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm anxious to hear your report LMAO
And I dont mean the actual "report" next morning

I’m going to take the advice of some of the guys on here dry them to crumble and use sparingly for seasoning. My arse is too old to temp fate. I’d probably end up motor boating out of my chair.
🐡💨💨💨💨💨

😂🤣😆

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try Carolina reaper from Dave’s famous chicken. First 3 bites were good. Then it hurt. Then it hurt again 6 hours later. I cried, I sweated. My coworker ate two like it was nothing.
I can still eat some pretty hot stuff. The one little plastic container of extra hot sauce per taco at Taco Tico was an extremely easy lift and still would be. ETA: If we still had any around, that is.

At one of my old jobs we had a cook out every year. One of the toolroom guys brought his own salsa and knew I liked it hot. He told me to try it. So I took a chip and scooped up a spoon full or so and he about had a cow and warned me not to "try that much". I munched it and waited for it to hit. It was pretty hot actually, I told him that "ain't bad at all!" He was shocked. Nobody would touch it because everyone knew he made it too hot to eat.

I have to be more careful than I used too. I still like the rush of the heated green chili salsa at the mexican restaurants that you have to ask for, at least the ones that actually make it hot. But habanero is about my limit these days and I do that one in moderation. One thing that tears me a new one is buffalo sauce. It ain't the heat because there ain't much in it, but that stuff absolutely welds my butt to the throne for a day or so if I eat it. I can't explain why. If I eat Popeyes spicy I dang near need to go to the hospital. Getting old isn't for the faint of heart. :nolike:

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can still eat some pretty hot stuff. The one little plastic container of extra hot sauce per taco at Taco Tico was an extremely easy lift and still would be. ETA: If we still had any around, that is.

At one of my old jobs we had a cook out every year. One of the toolroom guys brought his own salsa and knew I liked it hot. He told me to try it. So I took a chip and scooped up a spoon full or so and he about had a cow and warned me not to "try that much". I munched it and waited for it to hit. It was pretty hot actually, I told him that "ain't bad at all!" He was shocked. Nobody would touch it because everyone knew he made it too hot to eat.

I have to be more careful than I used too. I still like the rush of the heated green chili salsa at the mexican restaurants that you have to ask for, at least the ones that actually make it hot. But habanero is about my limit these days and I do that one in moderation. One thing that tears me a new one is buffalo sauce. It ain't the heat because there ain't much in it, but that stuff absolutely welds my butt to the throne for a day or so if I eat it. I can't explain why. If I eat Popeyes spicy I dang near need to go to the hospital. Getting old isn't for the faint of heart. :nolike:
Habanero is mild compared to the reaper. My tolerance for spicy has gone way down. Don’t care for the heart burn the really hot stuff causes me,
https://peppergeek.com/carolina-rea...cannot compare the,level of about 2.5 Million.

RC2469

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Taste, like art or beauty or music, is subjective. Del Taco is the rave of my in-law family. I tried it and... not bad. Taco Casa is the place to go for fast food tacos. Real meat, real shredded cheese, fresh, and made with amounts of cheese and beef I've never seen at other fast food joints.
Had a big get together at my parents a few months back and it was potluck. I brought 50 Taco Casa soft tacos and 20 crunchy. One of my niece's famy members brought a bunch of Qdoba. All the tacos were gone in an hour. Plenty of Qdoba to take home for whomever.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom