I'm buggin' out!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think a lot of people I know are in need of a vision quest, mabey not to this extreme, but it really is very theraputic. I think everybody should some time completley alone every once in a while.

Well, you and I certainly agree there ... I need my "me" time and get really cranky when it gets infringed upon.

I would kill to be able to get GC to take some serious time off. He is very much a man of routine ... I really am not sure how he is gonna take it when he retires. Some us can be content with "nothing to do" :coffee2: He is NOT one of those people ...

kbolt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, you and I certainly agree there ... I need my "me" time and get really cranky when it gets infringed upon.

I would kill to be able to get GC to take some serious time off. He is very much a man of routine ... I really am not sure how he is gonna take it when he retires. Some us can be content with "nothing to do" :coffee2: He is NOT one of those people ...

I have to get away from it all, It's just been crazy at work this year.

kbolt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, what BB said above, Condolences to your wife are in order now as that is just a mystifying statement to me.

A person truly "finds" themselves many different ways but to be selfish is not one of them. To be selfish with those you love and care about is to me not an option, and is more evil than unspeakable acts of violence enacted upon random strangers.

My wife knows exactly where I am coming from, she is also an adventure junky and can hang with the best of em', but her work and school won't let her off and she graciously agreeded to let me do this one on my own.

selfishness is not a bad thing if done with good intentions

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Sounds like my dad. Us kids have a running joke that we will find him dead on his tractor going round in circles. He's been retired for several years now, and hasn't stopped working yet.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like my dad. Us kids have a running joke that we will find him dead on his tractor going round in circles. He's been retired for several years now, and hasn't stopped working yet.

Yep. That was my dad.

You know how they say a girl always marries a man like her dad ... :lookaroun

Well ... slap my butt!! :lmfao:

kbolt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I said that I was no expert. I never said I have little or no experience.
I am not some citified sissy boy who wants to drive my beamer into the woods and pet a bear.
I was born on a farm in ramona oklahoma in 1962, I've been trekin' around the woods armed and dangerous since I was 10 years old, I was army recon, I've had survival training, I've ate things most people would'nt hold in their hand, exactly one year ago I hiked the inca trail to the top of maccu picchu in peru.
For an inexpierienced hobby hiker to take on a trip like this would be suicide, but I think I am at a point in my life that I can and need to do this.
I've led a life of adventure and I am trying to keep that from slipping away or die trying

:lmfao:
HAH! I just went back and read what I wrote here and realized that I am going to be driving a lexus SUV out there....ironic isn't it.

See I'm already getting to know myself...:thumbup3:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it really so hard for people to part with their gadgets and put their fate into their own abilities, this country wasn't built with a GPS! you go out there and do it or die.

Do us all a favor and leave the dog at home. It's one thing to go off and get yourself killed, but the dog will starve to death pining away beside your dead carcass.

There are a lot of selfish things you could do to regain some of your lost independence, but doing this trip on very short notice at this time of year is a fool's errand. Your wife is right and you're wrong. A man understands his responsibilities to his family and doesn't pull crazy stunts like this. Even the early settlers quickly realized that there were certain times of the year that you don't try to top the Rockies.

I wish you all the luck in the world, cause you're gonna need a lot of it. Prayers sent to you and your family. :(

kbolt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do us all a favor and leave the dog at home. It's one thing to go off and get yourself killed, but the dog will starve to death pining away beside your dead carcass.

There are a lot of selfish things you could do to regain some of your lost independence, but doing this trip on very short notice at this time of year is a fool's errand. Your wife is right and you're wrong. A man understands his responsibilities to his family and doesn't pull crazy stunts like this. Even the early settlers quickly realized that there were certain times of the year that you don't try to top the Rockies.

I wish you all the luck in the world, cause you're gonna need a lot of it. Prayers sent to you and your family. :(

:laugh6: Hell.. the dog is just there as a decoy in case of a bear attack!!

Just kidding, She's really there as a back-up food supply. Well you are right, October in the rockies killed the donner party. It's very unpredictable this time of year. I've studied the satilite photos for days and I know where to find water, alternate escape routes, and places that I don't want to venture into.
If you never see me again on here you can assume the worst, otherewise I will be back on here with a trip report and pics on 10 -27- 10

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why not just go buy a sports car, grow your pony tail, divorce your wife and marry some 20 year old stripper.

Cause lets face it,... this has got midlife crisis written all over it.

Sad really, and personally, Im tired of hearing it.

Thats my advice, I am moving on. See ya in the funny papers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom