I'm buggin' out!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This whole trip is about being selfish, you can't find yourself without being selfish

Wow, what BB said above, Condolences to your wife are in order now as that is just a mystifying statement to me.

A person truly "finds" themselves many different ways but to be selfish is not one of them. To be selfish with those you love and care about is to me not an option, and is more evil than unspeakable acts of violence enacted upon random strangers.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yes, I would really like to have some coca tea for this trip. did you hike the inca trail to maccu miccu or did you take the bus to the top?

Took a Guided 5 day trip from Salkantay through Santa Teresa We hiked the entire time. I did not care much for the coca tea, although I was a youngin' it did help TREMENDOUSLY negate the effects of the thinner atmosphere, made me a bit woozy at first although I think that had more to do with trail mix and goat jerky being my primary diet for the previous 2 days.

kbolt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If that is what you truly believe, I kinda feel bad for you now -- and I feel really, really bad for your wife. Anyone who makes the commitment to stand by you though thick and thin deserves better than that.

And I really do wish you the best. I don't want to hear anything bad coming of this.

You don't understand, I have to put it all on the line, if I go out there with all my bases covered, then it is nothing more than a nature hike, thats why I chose this time of year and not to take a phone, my wife and I have been talking about this for weeks and she understands what I am doing and why and I love her more than ever for her support.
when and if I make it back I will be a better person for it, and that is the greatest gift I can give her and my family

kbolt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took a Guided 5 day trip from Salkantay through Santa Teresa We hiked the entire time. I did not care much for the coca tea, although I was a youngin' it did help TREMENDOUSLY negate the effects of the thinner atmosphere, made me a bit woozy at first although I think that had more to do with trail mix and goat jerky being my primary diet for the previous 2 days.

I tried to bring some coca tea back but it never made it through the airport

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't understand, I have to put it all on the line, if I go out there with all my bases covered, then it is nothing more than a nature hike, thats why I chose this time of year and not to take a phone, my wife and I have been talking about this for weeks and she understands what I am doing and why and I love her more than ever for her support.
when and if I make it back I will be a better person for it, and that is the greatest gift I can give her and my family

If she is okay with it then who am I to say?? Your other posts stated she was concerned. I would think the least you could do would be to address those concerns in some way to help alleviate them before you go.

But, each couple is different. All I know is that if GC ever disregards any of my concerns regarding something this dangerous, he would come home to an empty house. And I would expect no less of him if the shoe were on the other foot.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you really want to put it on the line, then why two firearms with ammo?

At least ditch one of them and save the extra weight for mobility or extra food.

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you really want to put it on the line, then why two firearms with ammo?

At least ditch one of them and save the extra weight for mobility or extra food.
Better yet take some paracord and a pocket knife and ditch the firearms..

Just hope we dont hear about the ending of your hike on the news.

kbolt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fully understand the need to get away. Wish I could more.

The only suggestions I have is temper your expectations:

127 miles in 14 days equals at least 9 miles a day. Walking through mountainous terrain under a pack combined with daily chores of hygiene, meal prep, water/food gathering, setting up/tearing down camp, lives little time for 'exploring'.

Another concern I would have if I was prepping for such a hike is food. You aren't going to carry 14 days worth of food. Living of the land is one thing if you've done it before, but it's a gamble even for the highly experience and practiced experts. Have you checked into the licensing and small game hunting regs/seasons where you are going? What's the dog going to eat

The entire trail is 500 miles long, the entire length can be hiked in 4-6 weeks, I have already purchased my hunting permit, I chose a length of trail that runs through national forrest which allows free range hunting and camping and also allows dogs, the dog has gone with me on many hikes and will carry her own food and gear.

kbolt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Better yet take some paracord and a pocket knife and ditch the firearms..

Just hope we dont hear about the ending of your hike on the news.

Come on I'm not stupid, I chose the 22 pistol because I can carry a lot of ammo for little weight and it's perfect for small game, I'm not going to be takin' down any mooses.
the 9mm is for protction, I don't know if a 45 can penitrate a bear hide so I chose the 9mm, I have a tokarev tt-33 in 7.62x25 but I think that might over penatrate with little stopping power. I would like a rifle but it's just to heavy

kbolt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think a lot of people I know are in need of a vision quest, mabey not to this extreme, but it really is very theraputic. I think everybody should some time completley alone every once in a while.

Latest posts

Top Bottom